Scholarships, Stipends & Concessions
DSCW for the last two decades has been actively involved in fighting for the underprivileged sections of society and believes in uplifting their status in society.
We strive to provide for equal education, equal work chance, equal opportunity, security and training in regards to the students belonging to minority and economically backward sections of society. We provide a 100% fee concession, free books, free resident facility, free food etc.Not only this, the college goes a step further by providing them job opportunities and placements in their own college. It is on record that DSCW sets a lavish target of more than 40 lakh Rupees every year to promote the education of the financially handicapped and socially backward students. We do not intend to stop here but will try to touch the crore mark in this service in the years to come.
For this, we, as a community, need to unite and contribute wholeheartedly for this noble cause. A Committee* has been constituted for this purpose and donations will be appreciated.
The following scholarships & stipends are available to the deserving students:–
- The Government, University, Military, Govt. of India, Post Matric Scholarships to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe, State Govt. Stipend to Backward Class.
- Merit Scholarships and National Scholarships of Central & State Govt. for the poor and brilliant students.
- Merit Scholarships for the children of Primary and Secondary School Teachers.
- Stipends by the Government for grant of education facilities to the children of Political sufferers.
- A few stipends to the needy and deserving students from the Students’ Aid Fund.
- Stipends / Scholarships donated by Philanthropists.
- Besides, a large number of concessions and stipends are awarded by the Principal to the poor and deserving students on the basis of merit in studies, sports and cultural activities.
- ‘The Darshi Paul Malik Charitable Trust’ has instituted Four Annual Academic Scholarships from the Academic Session 1994-95. These scholarships are awarded to the bright, underprivileged students of the college to help them complete the final two years of the 10+2 system.
Note – All the students belonging to Scheduled Caste, Tribes and Backward Classes may get application forms for Government of India Post-Matric Scholarships / State Govt. Stipend, from the college office on the date of admission and submit the duly completed forms within one week from the date of admission.
Educational Bank Loans:
Several Nationalized & Private Banks, recognizing the reputation of DSCW are ready to pay educational bank loans. A great number of students are being benefitted every year by this merit (Loan Facility).