PG Department of Cosmetology & Health Care
- PG Department of Cosmetology & Health Care
- Courses Offered
- Faculty Profile
- Vision, Aim and Mission
- Publication Work
- National Seminar/Conferences organized
- Research Projects
- Strengths Of the Department
- Outstanding Alumni
- Campus Placements
- Other Achievements
The Beauty and Aesthetics is a fast, fun, trend-setting and creative Billion Dollar industry. A savvy industry, with a scope for being your own boss provides an arena of employment opportunities. This industry is forever looking out for fresh talent and since they require skilled workers with a pragmatic and a professional approach, our very own visionary Principal, in 2009 established the Department of Cosmetology with the introduction of Add-On courses in Beauty and Cosmetology.
In the year 2012, an innovative and job-oriented course in M.Sc. (Cosmetology and Health Care) was introduced. The increasing demand of the course and 100% placement record made the Department apply for the Bachelors in Vocational Course which was approved and implemented from the academic year 2015-16. The inspiration behind the success of the said course is the endless efforts and the guidance of Dean College Development- Er. Prateek Prashar. Hence, this Vocational course was introduced to enhance the employment and entrepreneurship opportunities of the girl students of this backward and border area town.
- Master of Science in Cosmetology & Health Care
- Bachelor of Vocation in Global Professional in Beauty & Aesthetics
- Diploma and Advanced Diploma in Beauty and Wellness
- Add-on Course in Cosmetology
|Mrs. Kanika Sachdeva||HOD & Assistant Prof.||M.Sc. , NET|
|Mrs. Monica Gautam||Assistant Prof.||M.Sc. , NET|
|Mrs. Palvinder Kaur||Assistant Prof.||Advance Diploma|
|Mrs. SimarpreetKaur||Assistant Prof.||M.Sc. , M.Tech.|
|Ms. Gurneet Kaur||Assistant Prof.||M.Sc. ,M.A., NET|
|Ms. Arundhati Sharma||Assistant Prof.||M.Sc.|
|Ms. Sonam Vohra||Assistant Prof.||M.Sc.|
|Ms. Isha Dhawan||Assistant Prof.||M.Sc.|
To evolve ourselves as the Best Cosmetology Department in India and to develop our students as enriched, holistic and wholesome personalities. The Department proposes to establish its own Research and Development wing, where new and innovative cosmeceutical products will be prepared, patented and launched in the market under the brand name of the Department and College.
To educate and Train aspiring beauty and spa therapists to Excel and Exceed the industry standards.
To prepare and train our students to become Employable and encourage Professionalism in the field of Cosmetology along with the introduction of innovative technology for every service while maintaining harmony with the earth and environment.
|Research Papers (SCI/Scopus indexed and UGC approved journals)||25|
|Papers Presented in National/International Conferences||15|
|Books published with ISBN||10|
|National Seminars/ Conferences Organized:|
|Institute Funded/ Self Financed National Seminars||11|
- Highly qualified and committed faculty.
- Internationally competitive, Self-designed curriculum for Diploma, Advance Diploma, B.Voc., M.Sc.- all approved by UGC & affiliated to Panjab University, Chandigarh.
- UGC funded projects worth Rs. 3 Crore (approximately) spent on infrastructure, equipment and products so far.
- Well-established Facials, Makeup and Hair cutting and coloring labs,Spa and Yoga units, Laser machines for hair removal and photo rejuvenation, Panchkarma lab, Acupressure lab and Magneto Therapy lab, Spa manicure and pedicure stations with state-of-the-art latest equipment.
- More than 300 students getting education in the Department.
- Exposure to industry by arranging visits by experts and beauty manufacturers.
- Low student-teacher ratio that ensures individual attention.
- High Placement record.
- Yoga drive is conducted every 6 days a week to ensure health & fitness of students.
- Sc. students undergo NPTEL online classes in various streams.
- Independent staff room, Independent IT Department and most modern Smart-Class Room equipped with LCD projector and internet facility.
- Library equipped with more than one thousand Books, Periodicals, Journals/Magazines and News Papers.
- Teaching-learning techniques by latest methodologies like PowerPoint presentation, Seminar, Quiz, Group Discussion, LCD Projector, Virtual Make-up Software, Virtual Hair cutting Software etc.
- Highest university percentage of 94% in post graduation.
- Guest/special Lectures by topmost academicians and industry personnel that help both the students and the faculty to keep pace with the deepest developments.
- Incoherence with Prime Minister Modi’s dream of Swachh Bharat, weorganizea Cleanliness Drive every week.
|Sr. No.||Student’s Name||Profession|
|1||Sanchita Arora||Saloon Owner, Hiyab Ludhiana|
|2||Simarpreet Kaur||Assistant Professor|
|3||Isha Dhawan||Assistant Professor|
|4||Sonam Vohra||Assistant Professor|
|5||Arunditi Sharma||Assistant Professor|
|6||Gurneet Kaur||Assistant Professor|
|7||Mehak Arora||Assistant Professor|
|8||Navneet Kaur||Teacher, GSSS Mauli Phagwara|
|9||Shikha||Feury Heaven Salon (Saloon Owner|
|10||Jashanpreet||Saloon Manager, Shapeup Ludhiana|
|11||Prabhjot Kaur||Salon Manager, Shapeup Ludhiana|
|12||Harvinder Kaur||Salon Manager, Zoog Studio Zira|
|13||Showpreet Kaur||Vocational Trainer, GSSS Cementery Ludhiana|
|14||Gurmeet Kaur||Vocational Trainer, GSSS, Amritsar|
|15||Sarabjit Kaur||Vocational Trainer, GSSS, Ramdas Amritsar|
|16||Tejinder Kaur||Vocational Trainer, GSSS Lumbri Wala|
|17||Paramjit Kaur||Vocational Trainer, GSSS Sultanpur Lodhi|
|18||Shifali Mahajan||HDFC Bank,|
|19||Simran Narula||Vocational Trainer, GSSS Jagraon|
|20||Kanchan||Vocational Trainer, GSSS Kassuwala Makhu|
|21||Suman||Vocational Trainer, GSSS Mallanwala|
|22||Ramandeep Kaur||ITI Teacher, Zira|
|23||Neha||Nehass Makeup Over, FZR.|
|24||Neelam||Vocational Skill Educator Beauty & Wellness, GSSS Karian Pehalwan|
|26||Manpreet||(Job in Newzealand)|
|28||Neeraj||Assistant Professor in DAV College|
|29||Sarabjit Kaur||(Job in Canada)|
|30||Gurpreet Kaur||Vocation Trainer GSSS Maliya Amritsar|
|31||Daljit Kaur||Vocational Trainer GSSS Ghumiara, Dabwali|
|34||Anmol Radha||Self Employed|
|35||Pooja Dhingra||Self Employed|
|36||Rajwinder Kaur||Self Employed|
|40||Parminder Kaur||Vocational Trainer GSSS Malout|
|41||Sharanjit Kaur||Vocational Trainer GSSS Sarawa Bodala Malout|
|42||Amanjot Kaur||Vocatioal Trainer, GSSS Khai Pheme Ki|
|43||Mamta||Skin Therapist Clara International, FZR|
|46||Manpreet Kaur||Assistant Professor KMVCollege Jalandhar|
|47||Sukhveer Kaur||Vocational Trainer GSSS Bhullar|
|48||Jaspreet Kaur||Vocational Trainer, GSSS Patii, Tarn Taran|
|50||Neeti||Vocational Trainer,GSSS Kotkapura|
|51||Renu Singla||Vocational Trainer GSSS Haryana|
|52||Ravneet Kaur||Assistant Professor KMV College Jalandhar|
|Sanchita Arora||L’oreal with an annual package worth 24 lakh.|
|Gurneet||Asstt. Professor, Dev Samaj College for Women, FZR|
|Simarpreet Kaur||Asstt. Professor, Dev Samaj College for Women, FZR|
|Arundhati||Asstt. Professor, Dev Samaj College for Women, FZR|
|Sonam Vohra||Asstt. Professor, Dev Samaj College for Women, FZR|
|Isha Dhawan||Asstt. Professor, Dev Samaj College for Women, FZR|
|Alisha||Asstt. Professor, Dev Samaj College for Women, FZR|
|Mehak||Asstt. Professor, Dev Samaj College for Women, FZR|
|Navdeep Kaur||Front Desk, Dev Samaj College for Women, FZR|
|Simran Narula||Placed in Government Sector|
|Jaskirat Kaur||Placed in Government Sector|
|Navneet Kaur||Placed in Government Sector|
|Rajbir Kaur||Placed in Government Sector|
|Manpreet Kaur||Placed in Government Sector|
|Kulwinder Kaur||Placed in Government Sector|
|Neeti||Placed in Government Sector|
|Suman||Placed in Government Sector|
|Gurpreet Deol||Placed in Government Sector|
|Parminder Kaur||Placed in Government Sector|
|Kiran||Placed in Government Sector|
|Mandeep Kaur||Placed in Government Sector|
|Kulwinder Kaur||Placed in Government Sector|
|Priya Verma||Placed in Government Sector|
|Sheenam||Placed in Government Sector|
|Showpreet Kaur||Placed in Government Sector|
|Sarabjeet Kaur||Shape-up, Ldh.|
|Manpreet Kaur||S.D. College, Jalandhar|
|Mamta||Lakme Salon & Academy|
- Along with Dr. Madhu Prashar, Ms. Kanika Sachdeva compiled the syllabus for the B.Voc. Global Professionals in Beauty and Aesthetics and submitted to the UGC, New Delhi, under Deen Dayal Upadhyay Scheme in 2015.
- Along with Dr. Madhu Prashar, Ms. Kanika Sachdeva compiled the syllabus of B.Voc Hair Designing and submitted to the UGC, New Delhi, under Deen Dayal Upadhyay Scheme in 2015.
- Ms. Kanika Sachdeva submitted a major project titled “Bio potency and chemical characterization of active ingredients of natural oils and extracts against skin and hair disease causal microorganisms” vide Letter No.927/14-15, dated 30.8.14.
- Along with Dr. Madhu Prashar, Ms. Kanika Sachdeva and Ms. Simarpreet Kaur submitted a minor project titled “A study on occupational respiratory, musculoskeletal, reproductive and other adverse symptoms and diseases among cosmetologists.” in 2017.
- Ms. Kanika Sachdeva completed the courses on Physics of Semiconductors from IIT Kanpur.
- Ms. Kanika Sachdeva & Ms. Simarpreet Kaur applied for the ICSSR Minor Project with the title “A Study on Occupational hazards among Cosmetologists” worth Rs. 4.02 Lakhs.
- Ms. Simarpreet Kaur bagged a scholarship of worth rupees ten thousand and a Gold Medal for standing first in M.Sc. Cosmetology and Health Care, along with Honorary Life Membership of Panjab University Alumni Association.