Department of Political Science
- Department of Political Science
- Courses Offered
- Faculty Profile
- Vision, Aim and Mission
- Publication Work
- National Seminars/Conferences organized
- Research Projects
- Strengths Of the Department
- Outstanding Alumnae
The Department of Political Science came into existence in 1934 with an aim to train students in the Fundamentals of Political Science. The department has the credit of providing a bright future to thousands of Undergraduate students since its inception in DSCW. The department offers course leading to Degree of Bachelor of Arts. The department is recognized for its excellent contribution in imparting knowledge on Indian Politics, Political Theory, Comparative Politics and International Politics. The department catches the attention of the students who have interest in pursuing higher studies in Political Science, LLB and those who prepare for Competitive Exams for UPSC and PSC. The department is dedicated to further enhance its position in the college.
B.A. with Political Science as a subject.
|Dr. Rukinder Kaur||H.O.D and Assist. Prof.||B.A. Honours (Political Science), M.A., M.Phil., Ph.D., UGC NET, JRF|
- To teach Indian democratic values to students
- To make civilized citizen of India
- To spread the constitutional values like secularism, equality, fraternity among students.
- To encourage research work and publications in the accredited publications.
- To encourage follow up of latest scientific research and techniques in the field.
- To produce future political Leaders
- To produce qualified cadres who are equipped with insight and research skills.
- To encourage participation in national seminars, international conferences and workshops.
|Research Papers (SCI/Scopus indexed and UGC approved journals)||10|
|Papers Presented in National/International Conferences||11|
|Chapter published in Books with ISBN||01|
|Books published with ISBN||01|
- Rukinder Kaur (Assistant Professor) applied for the scheme of IMPRESS (Impactful Policy Research in Social Sciences) initiated by the ICSSR Major Project entitled, “Awareness about Right to Information among the People of Punjab” with proposal reference number – P1526 worth Rs. 13.5 Lakhs.
- Rukinder Kaur (Assistant Professor) applied for the scheme of IMPRESS (Impactful Policy Research in Social Sciences) initiated by ICSSR National Seminar entitled, “Recent trends in Indian politics”.
- Well qualified and experienced faculty.
- Around 200 students getting education in the Department.
- Library equipped with thousands of Books, Periodicals, and News Papers.
- Teaching-learning techniques by latest methodologies like Power-Point Presentation, Seminar, Quiz, Group Discussion, LCD Projector etc.
- Highest University percentage of 91% at Graduate level.
- Specialized training programs for faculty improvement for optimizing technical capabilities.
- Guest/special Lectures by eminent scholars that help both the students and faculty to keep pace with the advance developments in their respective subjects.
|Sr.No||Name||Designation & Address|
|1||Dr. Paramjeet Kaur Gill||Professor & Additional Dean , Punjabi University, Patiala|
|2||Kulwinder kaur||Assistant Professor At Guru Nanak Dev Uni. Amritsar|
|3||Shikha||Assistant Professor At Guru Nanak College, Ferozepur|
|4||Sukhveer kaur||Assistant Professor, Mata Sharan Kaur Khalsa College, Chamkaur Sahib|
|5||Rabia Sidhu||Assistant Professor,Modi College, Patiala|
|6||Satwant Kaur||Assistant Professor, at Jasdev Singh Sandhu College, Patiala|
|7||Satwindr Kaur||Assistant Professor, Mata Gujri College, Fatehgarh Sahib|
|8||Harwinder Kaur||Assistant Professor, DSCW Ferozepur|
|9||Amandeep Kaur||Assistant Professor, Guru Nanak College, Muktsar|
|10||Navdeep Kaur||Punjab Police|
|11||Sukhjeet Kaur||House No. 87, Urban Estate, Phase – III, Patiala|
|12||Kashish||Pursuing LLB, O.P. Jindal Gloves Uni. Sonepat|
|13||Navdeep Kaur||Govt Teacher, Govt. Sen. Sec. School, Khunan Kalan, Muktsar|
|14||Sawinder Kaur||UGC NET JRF|
|15||Kulmeet Kaur||Teacher, DCM International School, Fzr|
|16||Barbie||Teacher, GTB School, GHS|
|17||Harpreet kaur||Teacher at Govt. School, Sher Khan Wala Ferozepur|
|18||Harpreet kaur||Teacher at Govt. School, Faridkot|
|19||Amandeep kaur||Teacher at Govt. School, Lakho Ke Behram, Ferozepur|
|20||Amandeep kaur||Teacher at Govt High school, Palla Megha|
|21||Rajbir Kaur||Teacher, Govt. Sen. Sec. School, S.A.S. Nagar Mohali.|