Department of Music (Instrument)
Department of Music (Instrument)
- Department of Music (Instrument)
- Courses Offered
- Vision, Aim and Mission of the Department
- Publication Work
- Strengths of the Department
- Outstanding Alumnae
- Other Achievements
Dev Samaj College for Women was established in 1934 by Bhagwan Dev Atma for imparting education to women. Soon, he realized the importance of Music in the emotional, intellectual and aesthetical development of the students. So, the Department of Music was established in the early years of the college. Sh. Desh Bandhu Sethi, a radio artist was the in-charge of Music classes in 1954. At that time, Music classes were compulsory only for 1st and 3rd year students. Music was introduced as an elective subject in 1962.
B.A with Music as a subject
|1||Dr.Sangeeta||Head & Associate Professor||M.A., M.Phil, Ph.D. Masters in Mass Communication, Certificate Course (French), Sangeet Vishard|
|2||Mrs.Pooja Kundra||Assistant Professor||M.A.(Music Inst.), M.A.(Hindi),B.Ed|
- To provide outstanding and quality education in the music for our undergraduate students.
- To provide professional music instructions and mentorship. Our goal is to inspire and equip students to become excellent musicians, outstanding thinkers and articulate advocates for music.
- To support and encourage the students to develop their artistic potential to the highest level possible.
- To provide music instruments and related accessories.
- To provide special opportunities in the music through a combination of private and group lessons, ensemble participation, music enrichment classes and experiences.
- To impart quality education in Music to rural and economically weaker students.
- To make students creative and research oriented.
- To provide a platform to the students to exhibit their talent and creativity.
|Research Presented in National/International Journal/Conferences||07|
- Stage & field exposure to the students
- Emphasis on developing Research Aptitude in students
- Aesthetically well equipped labs
- 100 % result.
- The effective teaching-learning design approach which is practice-oriented with special emphasis on learning with teachers as facilitators.
- Active participation in seminars and workshops
- Well-equipped library with a sufficient number of books.
- Supporting weaker students through remedial and tutorial classes.
- Qualified, motivated and competent faculty with a blend of rich experience.
- World-class infrastructure and instruments.
- The infrastructural support offered by the college to students can be compared to the best in this part of the country. The teacher-student ratio, which is perhaps unparalled in the country, makes it possible for the teachers to successfully address the individual needs of the students.
- Trainers and Guest faculty are invited are invited time to time.
- Neha Dhawan(Teaching in D.C.M.INTERNATION SCHOOL)
- Monika (Lecturer in Govt. School)
- Navkiran(Lecturer in Govt. School)
- Gurwinder Kaur (Lecturer in Govt. School)
- Arvinder Kaur (Fashion designer)
- Monika Sharma (Teaching in Pvt. School)
- Anu Nanda (Assistant Professor, Dev Samaj College of Women Ferozepur City)
- Gurjant Kaur (Govt. teacher)
- Neelam (Govt. teacher)
- Anu (ETO in Excise and Taxation Department, Ferozepur)
- Harpreet Kaur (Teacher in Dev Samaj School, Ferozepur)
- Savita (Lecturer in College)
- Mandeep Kaur (Lecturer in R.S.D College, Ferozepur)