ACCOLADES AND ACCLAIMS
- One of the Oldest Women College established in 1934 by Bhagwan Dev Atma, Founder Dev Samaj, has had the proud privilege to produce the First lady IAS, the First lady M.B.B.S., the First lady Income Tax Officer and the First lady B.A.B.T. in the undivided Punjab.
- First Women’s College under Panjab University which is India’s No. 1 College (2013-2014) with the exceptional CGPA 3.75/4 CGPA by NAAC (National Assessment & Accreditation Council), Bangalore.
- The exceptional CGPA of DSCW is unmatched by any of the 194 colleges that fall under the Panjab University.
- First College of Punjab under Panjab University that attained the glorious status of ‘College with Potential for Excellence’.
- First College of Punjab under Panjab University that attained the much coveted status of ‘College of Excellence’.
- First College of Punjab under Panjab University where three Departments of the college i.e. Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics got the status of ‘Star Departments’ by the University Grant Commission.
- First college of Punjab under Panjab University to establish Deen Dayal Upadhya Kaushal Kendra, a Skill Study Centre with the grant of Rs.4.65 Crore from the UGC and introduce four B.Voc. skilled Courses under it. Four more courses under UGC B.Voc. Scheme granted recently in 2018.
- First College in India to start the most innovative course i.e. Master of Science in Cosmetology and Health Care with a grant of rupees one crore from the University Grants Commission. The Department has very good record of placements in private and government sector since its inception. One of the student of the department got placement in L’oreal with an annual package worth 24 lakh.
- First Women’s College of Punjab under Panjab University to establish Community College with the highest grant of Rs.1.80 to give free education to 200 poor and downtrodden students. Recently, in 2018 UGC has sanctioned three more courses under the Community College Scheme.
- First college of Punjab under the Panjab University to establish a Digital English Language Lab. in the year 2012 with the latest and internationally acknowledged software from Orell.
- The only Women’s College of Ferozepur District under Panjab University that offers 14 Masters Programmes, 14 Undergraduate Courses, 13 Add-on courses.
- The only college under the Panjab University where the highest financial benefits are given to the poor, brilliant SC/BC/ST/OBC and Sports Students to the tune of 50-55 lakhs per year.
- The only college with a state-of-the art, highly sophisticated, technologically advanced and well maintained building.
- The only College where the students have brought laurels at International level in the field of sports activities with their participation in countries like Bangladesh, Muscat, Pakistan and Jakarta.
- One of our students, Ms.Ranvir Kaur, represented India in the Asian Games, 2018 held at Jakarta and won a silver medal. The Punjab and Centre Government applauded the student with a cash prize of one crore rupees and promotion from ASI to the elevated post of DSP.
- The only college of the Punjab from where the Gidha Students performed in countries like Dubai, U.K., Switzerland, Muscat and also gave a spell binding performance at the Red Fort on the eve of Republic Day Celebration in New Delhi.
- Madhu Prashar, Principal DSCW, is the only woman under all the universities of Punjab in the higher education arena who because of her meritorious and unparalleled services, has been conferred with the State Award; National Mahila Samman Award by the Government of India; Bhagat Puran Singh Award by Baba Farid Society and so many other prestigious National/International awards.
- The only college of the Ferozepur District, where the highest number of students is picked during the placement drive of the Multinational Companies.
- The only college of Ferozepur District, where the teachers from all the Departments are involved in intensive research activities. DSCW has to its credit the publishing of six journals of National repute with ISBN numbers.
- The only college of Ferozepur District, where maximum numbers of State/ National/ International Seminars/Conferences/Workshops are organized.
- The only college of Punjab under Panjab University that dares to spend in the Border area of Punjab, more than 90 core rupees, for the overall transformation of the education system placing itself at a level where it represents itself as a world class center of excellence for its value based education.
During his historical visit, Dr.Harsh Vardhan, Minister of Science and Technology remarked about DSCW, “The country needs many more educational institutions like DSCW and many more spirited and missionary educationists like Dr. Madhu Prashar to bring back the lost glory of India”.
The Ex-Vice Chancellor Prof. Arun Grover during his visit to DSCW, remarked, “Panjab University is proud of a great woman of luminous intelligence and mighty intellect with a prodigious capacity of getting the rarest status of College of Excellence for the College under Panjab University” and expressed his deepest gratitude for her lifelong services in the field of women education. He declared DSCW as the “Role Model College of Panjab University”.
During her visit to DSCW Mrs. Menka Gandhi, Minister of Women & Child Development said “The greatest contribution Dr. Prashar has made in her life serves as a biggest example of a legacy of her work which runs till date in the form of DSCW which has become the most distinguished centre of learning in modern India”.
While conferring this prestigious award, the Chief Minister lavished his profoundest of plaudits on the recipient Dr. Prashar and said that “She is the harbinger of women education in India. He also exhorted all the academicians of India to emulate the working style of Dr. Madhu Prashar to raise the standards of education in India”.