- Department of Agriculture
- Courses Offered
- Faculty Profile
- Vision, Aim and Mission
- Strength Of the Department
DSCW got affiliation from Panjab University to start B.Sc. Agriculture from this session 2018-19. After completing B.Sc degree in Agriculture, candidate can look for higher education programmes such as MBA in Agri-Business, M.Sc in Crop Physiology, M.Sc in Genetics and Plant Breeding, or M.Sc in Entomology. A degree in Agriculture gives the students the knowledge and skills to either manage agricultural businesses, or work in the areas of agricultural sales, food production and farming. Reputed organizations such as Indian Agricultural Research Institute, G.B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, National Seeds Corporation Limited, and the Centre of Excellence for Farm Machinery offer job opportunities to those interested in the career in this domain for the job profile of ‘Junior Assistant’ in National Agricultural Cooperative Marketing Federation (NAFED).
B.Sc. in Agriculture
|Mr. Varinder||HOD &Assistant Professor||M.Sc., NET|
|Ms. Asima||Assistant Professor||M.Sc.|
To influence market forces through vibrant and sustainable agriculture activity that reduces poverty, the risk of food insecurity and increases the contribution to GDP
To transform agriculture into a modernized, sustainable, diversified production and export-oriented sector, which contributes to improve the food security, farmers’ livelihood and their overall economic growth.
- To provide the relevant education to the students in Agriculture, Processing and allied sciences.
- To promote research and training on sustainable development of the agricultural productivity, cost reduction in farming, farm mechanization and farm animal production.
- To encourage the youths for entrepreneurship and rural development
- To provide consultancy in agriculture to disseminate the technology innovation to the producer through the integrated extension activities.
- Course structure as per the Panjab University, Chandigarh approved syllabus.
- Graduate students are eligible for employment anywhere in the country and abroad as well.
- Agricultural Farm attached with the college campus.
- Highly experienced well-qualified faculty from the institutes of repute.
- Live Projects and demonstrations in the areas of crop production, nursery raising, organic farming, floriculture, vegetable crop production, medicinal plants, orchard management and ornamental horticulture etc.
- Innovative Pedagogy: Emphasis on case studies and inter-personal based teaching to develop skills in the analytical thinking and reflective judgment by reading and discussing complex and real-life scenarios.