Examination, Attendance & Leave Rules
To assess the progress of students, the college will hold house examinations during the year. The students are expected to prepare themselves well for the examination and show good results. The results of the examination will ensure success in the University Examinations. The dates of the examination would be notified well in time. In addition to the examination, short class tests may be held by the teacher concerned.
Rules of Examination
1) It is compulsory for the students to appear in all the House Examinations and Tests held in the college.
2) Exemption from an examination /test on account of illness or any other special reason must be secured personally from the Principal well in time. In case, a student falls ill during the course of the examination, leave application supported by Medical Certificate should be submitted to the Principal immediately.
3) No leave application would be entertained after the examination is over. Leave application form for leave from examination may be obtained from the college office.
4) Leave from an examination even for valid reason would be granted at the student’s own risk. Absence or leave from an examination for whatever reason means NIL result and may lead to detention.
5) Theory and Practical in Science subjects, Music, Home Science, Physical Education are considered as two separate units. For M.A. students, each paper will be considered as an individual subject.
6) A Student found guilty of unfair means during the examination will be awarded deterrent punishment which may entail expulsion from the college or disqualification from the Uni./Board Exam.
7) On the basis of the result of the House Exams., the students obtaining top positions in their respective classes & subjects are awarded prizes at the time of Annual Prize Distribution Function of the College.
The students on roll of the college are expected to be regular in attendance. The Principal is fully competent to remove a student from the rolls of the college if she is habitually irregular in attendance. Further, the students are required to be punctual in attending every period and the late comers will not be marked present although they may be permitted to enter the class by the teacher concerned at her/his discretion.
1) A student habitually irregular in attendance and negligent in studies, may be asked to leave the college at any time during the course of the session.
2) According to the Board / Uni. rules, every student, including a Post Graduate student, is required to attend at least 75% / 66% respectively an of the lectures delivered in each subject/paper inclusive of Gen. English and Gen. Punjabi, Science Practical & English Composition / Seminars, Tutorials.
3) Those who fail to attend the required number of lectures or fail to get a clear pass in the House Examination will not be eligible to sit in the Annual University /Board Examination. The Principal, in accordance with the university rules, can condone the shortage of attendance in respect of those students only, whose report about studies & conduct is satisfactory.
4) A student who wishes to withdraw from the college hostel must apply on the prescribed form and her application should be countersigned by her father or guardian. Such an application should be presented after the college dues have been cleared up to date.
5) After the Admission Form for the University Examination has been sent up if a student’s name is struck off from the rolls of the college, for non payment of dues or for any other reason, her admission form will be withdrawn by the Principal and no notice to this effect will be given to the student or her guardian.
6) The names of all such students who fail to clear their dues may be removed from the rolls of the college.
7) When the name of a student is removed from the college rolls, the lectures even if attended, will not be counted unless she is readmitted. Therefore, in their own interest, the students whose names are removed for any reason should seek readmission immediately. Otherwise, they are likely to fall short of lecturers.
8) The college office prepares datewise absentee record of each student. The parents/guardians are advised to check up with the administrative office whether their daughters are regular in attending classes or not. They must visit the college office at least once in a month to check the progress of their wards in studies and particularly their attendance of lectures.
9) If a resident scholar absents herself from the classes without any reason and whiles away her time in futile pursuits, disciplinary action will be taken against the student and the guardian will be informed accordingly. If the student concerned does not become regular in classes and fails to attend 75%/66% of the college lectures delivered in classes, her name may be removed from the rolls of the hostel and the college. In order to be eligible to sit in the annual examination, a student must attend at least 75% (for +1 and +2) and 66% (for Degree & Post Graduate Classes) of the lectures, or else she will be detained.
1) A student should apply for leave when absolutely necessary and should secure it personally at least two days before it is availed of, except in case of sickness.
2) The application must be made on a printed form obtained from the college office. This should be countersigned by Father / Guardian of the student or by the Dean College Development/Hostel Warden in case of Boarders.
3) In case of illness, application for leave must be accompanied by a medical certificate issued by a Medical Officer/Qualified Doctor.
4) Leave up to a period of three days will be granted by respective class teachers. Leave for more than three days and for days preceding or following long vacation or for a day when special functions are held, will be granted by the Principal on the recommendation of their teachers concerned.
5) A student, who after having been admitted remains absent without sanctioned leave for more than a fortnight, her name will be struck off.
Rules of Payment of Dues
1) If a student leaves the college during the session, she will have to pay the fee for the whole period except in the case of migration.
2) All the dues shall be paid at the college office on the specific dates which shall be duly notified.
3) Fees and fines once paid will not be refundable.
4) In the case of change of subjects from Science, Home Science, Music etc. the fee as charged earlier for practical subjects would not be refunded.
5) If a student leaves the hostel, she will have to pay the hostel dues for the whole year.
6) Fine of Rs.1 per day will be charged if dues are not paid on the date notified.
7) Name of the defaulters will be struck off the rolls on the 10th day of the due date for payment. A student whose name is struck off for nonpayment of dues may be readmitted with the permission of the Principal along with readmission fee. When the name of a student is removed on account of non-payment of dues, this will be a form of penalty, but the name actually continues on the rolls for other purposes and it can be struck off only if the guardian of the student makes a written application on the prescribed form for the same. The lectures, if attended, during this period will not be counted.
8) Extension in date of payment of dues may be granted by the Principal in exceptional cases. Application for extension must be submitted to the Principal in duplicate before the date on which payment of fee is due.
9) A student absent or on leave from the college must arrange to pay her dues on the due date.
10) If a student does not withdraw her name from the college rolls by applying on the withdrawal form, she will be treated as on the rolls of the college for the purpose of realization of dues.
11) College fee/Annual Charges paid are non refundable.
12) If a student wishes to withdraw her name from the college, she must do so in writing and her application must be countersigned by her parents or guardians, who got her admitted.
13) Until their names are formally withdrawn, students are liable to pay all college dues and fines.