Code of Conduct
Let’s follow the Code of Conduct of our DSCW
- Maintain discipline and decorum at all times. Ragging is strictly prohibited in the college as well as in the hostels. A student found guilty of this crime shall be punished heavily. It may lead to expulsion from the institution.
- Use of mobile phones in the college campus/Hostel is strictly prohibited. A student found using the mobile phone shall be expelled from the institution.
- Perfect silence should be maintained in the classroom, the library, the corridors and the verandahs in the college, so that the atmosphere in the college remains perfectly congenial for studies.
- Show proper respect to the teachers and carry out their instructions most faithfully.
- Abide by all the rules, regulations and instructions issued by the college from time to time.
- Bring the identity card daily and produce it, if any member of the staff or official of the college demands it at any time. Identity card may be checked at the entry gate of the college and those found without it shall not be allowed to enter.
- Inculcate high moral values of life such as truth, honesty and devotion to duty.
- Leave should be applied on the printed form and be duly countersigned by father/guardian of the student.
- If a student remains absent from the college for more than ten days continuously without applying for leave, her name may be struck off from the college rolls. She may be readmitted after paying readmission fee along with an absentee fine for all the days for absence.
- If a student does not clear the conditions laid down by the University for appearing in the final examination on the basis of house examination/attendance, she is liable to lose a year.
- Punctuality is the sign of good culture. The students should be punctual at all occasions- in attending their classes, functions and fulfilling the appointments.
- Exhibit fine manners and excellent behaviour, use decent language, be courteous and polite in dealing with fellow students and college staff, as this would enhance your own character and the credibility your alma mater.
- Endeavour to keep the environment neat, clean and beautiful in college and to achieve this, avoid littering and make use the dustbins.
- Quarrels and disputes should be avoided at all times. In the event of any dispute, a written complaint should be made to the Principal at once. No one is allowed to take law into her own hands.
- The Students should understand that the college property is a national trust and as such its upkeep is as much their responsibility as it is that of the administration. Therefore, no one should disfigure furniture or deface walls with pencil, chalk or knife marks.
- Damage to the college property will not be condoned under any circumstances.
- The Students are required not to remove chairs/furniture from any room. They are further required to note that they must not remove chairs from the canteen hall to sit outside.
- Utilize the vacant period in the library by reading books, magazines, journals and newspapers.
- Students must make it a point to look up the notice board and read the latest notices. Ignorance of the orders duly displayed on the Notice Board shall not be accepted as an excuse for non-compliance.
- A student will be punished, rusticated or expelled from the college, if she directly takes part or induces others to do so in any movement or agitation or strike in the college for any reason, whatsoever, which in the opinion of the Principal is subversive of the college discipline.
- The college enforces simplicity in dress. All the students are required to come in white shirt with white salwar and white cotton dupatta on every Monday.
- The college is pledged to strict vegetarianism. Taking of meat, egg, fish or any preparation thereof is strictly prohibited in the college and hostel premises.
- The Students should not leave college till their classes are over or till 6th period is over.
- The day-scholars are not allowed to enter the hostel premises except with the special written permission of the teacher/warden.
- In their dealing with clerical staff, students are to bear in mind that the members of the clerical staff are always busy with the college work and it may not be possible for them to accommodate at once. Therefore, the students are to show patience and courtesy.
- The students should acquaint themselves with these rules and regulations and follow them strictly. Ignorance of the rules will not be accepted as an excuse for their non-observance.
- The students seeking admission to the hostel are instructed to go through the rules before applying for the admission. All the students must remember in their own interest that any student can be detained/expelled at any time, at any stage on the basis of irregularity, misbehaviour, shortage of attendance or any other ground deemed sufficient by the authorities.