Department of Home Science
- Department of Home Science
- Courses Offered
- Faculty Profile
- Vision, Aim and Mission
- Publication Work
- National Seminar/Conferences organized
- Research Projects
- Strengths Of the Department
- Outstanding Alumni
- Campus Placements
- Other Achievements
“Home Science education is worth life education”. In this era of globalization & privatization education plays an important role in human resource empowerment. The main focus of this inter-disciplinary field, an amalgam of science and arts, is to acquaint every girl student of the department with life skills to enable them to manage their resources efficiently and enhance individual employability besides developing self-confidence and personality of the students.
The department also focuses on preparing young vibrant girls for the two most important goals of their life; caring for their home and family and preparing for a career/vocation in life to empower them financially.
Home Science department was established 45 years ago in the year1973 with a single course in B.Sc. Home Science and as an elective subject at graduation level. Today, the department boasts of an array of courses. With the relentless efforts of Dynamic and magnanimous Principal Dr. (Mrs.) Madhu Prashar, a revolution in the field education took place with the introduction of skill courses that is B.Voc. in Nutrition and Dietetics, B.Voc. in Food Processing and Preservation and Two years Advance Diploma in Cooking and Housekeeping Management.
B.A. (Home Science)
B.Voc in Nutrition and Dietetics
B.Voc in Food Processing and Preservation
Advance Diploma in Cooking and Housekeeping Management
|1||Dr. Vandana Gupta||Head & Associate Prof.||M.Sc., NET, Ph.D.|
|2||Ms. Monica Gautam||Assistant Prof.||M.Sc. NET, Pursuing Ph.D.|
To emerge as a Centre of Excellence and innovation, proactively catalysing growth of fashion business through the leadership in profession education with the concern for social and human values.
- To empower and develop an appreciation for Rural life in a Holistic Manner.
- To develop functional scientific attitude towards education and transfer it for Family Living.
- To develop an eye for Decoration and Fashion Designing.
- To develop the detailed understanding of nutritional benefits of different foods.
- To enhance Entrepreneur skills for Professional Careers.
- To provide opportunities to fulfil the needs of women of all sections of the society.
- To train young girls to build ideal families and motivate them to acquire life-skill to sustain successfully in this competitive world.
- To empower each girl and to instil in her self-confidence.
|Research Papers (SCI/Scopus indexed and UGC approved journals)||36|
|Papers Presented in National/International Conferences||16|
|Books published with ISBN||04|
|National Seminars/ Conferences Organized:|
|National and International fashion show||05|
|National/ State level workshops||05+02|
|Participation in National as well as International Conferences by Faculty members is a regular feature .|
|Major Research Project submitted to UGC||2014||Scaffolding Sustainable Craft Practices on Minor Fibres for Entrepreneurship||UGC, New Delhi||Submitted|
|Proposal for National Seminar||2014||Breastfeeding: A Step towards Healthy & Productive Life.||UGC, New Delhi||Submitted|
|Minor Project||2018||Breast Feeding: A step towards Healthy and Productive Life||Impress ICSSR, New Delhi||Submitted|
Departmental Research Projects
|Survey on food and nutrition to study diet awareness among adolescent girls.||2006||Completed|
|Weaning and feeding practices in different socio-economic strata.||2008||Completed|
|Common behavioural problems of children and the ways to solve them.||2010||Completed|
|Dietary patterns, nutritional status, anaemia and anaemia related knowledge of urban adolescent girls.||2012||Completed|
|Nutritional labelling-innovative element of packaging and its effect on consumer behaviour||2013||Completed|
|A study of the prevalence of anaemia among the women in the age group of 18-25 in Ferozepur City (Pb.)||2017||Completed|
- Highly qualified, dedicated and committed faculty and support staff.
- State-of-the-art infrastructural facilities.
- Excellent results.
- Providing quality education at an affordable fee.
- Active participation in Research Activities.
- Adequate smart rooms to conduct seminars, conferences and workshops.
- Student Enrichment Programs
- Departmental Projects
- Training programs
- Campus Designer House
|Sr. No.||Name||Currently working at which organization/ institution|
|1||Neelam Gupta||Teacher, Govt Senior Sec School, Karian Pehalwan, Ferozepur|
|2||Sonam||Assistant Professor, Dev Samaj College for Women Ferozepur City|
|3||Rani||Lecturer, DAV College for Women, Ferozepur cantt.|
|4||Suman lata||Boutique, Ferozepur City|
|5||Sumitnav Thind||Cosmetologist , Melbourne’ Australia|
|6||Nadia||Junior Analyst, Eclerx Company, Rajiv Gandhi Park, Chandigarh|
|7||Shifu Grover||Lecturer, DAV College of Education, Fazilka.|
|8||Vandana Bhandari||Teacher, DC Model School Ferozepur Cantt|
|9||Gurneet Kaur||Lecturer , Dev Samaj College for Women, Ferozepur|
|10||Sandeep Kaur||Government Teacher|
|Name||Currently working at which organization/ institution|
|Sonam||Assistant Professor, Dev Samaj College for Women Ferozepur|
|Assistant Professor, Dev Samaj College for Women, Ferozepur|
|Vandana Bhandari||Teacher, DC Model School Ferozepur Cantt|
|Anu Nanda||Assistant Professor, Dev Samaj College for Women, Ferozepur|
- Youth &Heritage festival Participation
- Majority of the students scored above 80% marks
- Results– 100 percent
- Departmental Research Projects
- Youth & Heritage Festival Participation at Zonal and inter-Zonal level and has resulted in securing several awards.
- Annual Grand Fashion Show-Astitva
- Faculty Development Program
- Free Vocational Education under community college
- In-House Trainings
- Industrial Trainings
- Introduction of new courses (B.VOC. NAD, Adv. Diploma in CTE and Adv. Diploma in C&HM)
- Guest Lectures
- Demonstrations & Workshops
- National Seminars
- Community Development Activity
- Inter-Class Competitions
- Faculty Development Program
- Visitors Comment Book