Department of Hospital administration and management
- Courses Offered
- Faculty Profile
- Vision, Aim and Mission
- Publication Work
- National Seminars/ Visits/ Guest Lectures/ Workshops organized
- Highlights of the Department
- Campus Placements
The Department of Hospital Administration and Management DSCW is the pioneering department in India to have started the Bachelor’s Degree in Hospital Administration and Management. It is the oldest institution to provide training to the country’s health managers in the science and art of Hospital Administration and Management. The department introduced the course of Hospital Administration in the year 2015 and has since evolved into a centre of excellence for teaching, training and research in the field of Hospital Administration and Management. DSCW, is dedicated to the improvement in standards of Health through better management of health care and related programmes. The broad objective of the program is to build knowledge and develop skills to facilitate high performance as effective professionals in health care and hospital systems, both in the public and private sectors.
B.VOC Hospital Administration and Management
|Dr. Sanya Gill||H.O.D and Assistant Prof.||BDS, MHA|
|Dr. Somashree Sanyal||Assistant Prof.||BDS, MBA|
“To encourage the students to excel in the service sector by empowering the standard of students and inculcating the research trends, professional ethics and moral values in addition to their academics, to deliver quality patient care”.
The Department inculcates high values and professionalism among the students to meet the global corporate expectations in order to achieve the competitive advantage in the area of the Hospital Administration.
- To enhance decision-making and administrative competence of the students to enable them to face challenges of the health-care industry.
- To develop skills in planning, building and managing health care
- To participate and contribute to the formulation of public health
- To promote knowledge through applied and conceptual research relevant to management and to disseminate this knowledge through publications.
- To collaborate with other institutions in India and abroad for the furtherance of professional exposure.
|Papers Presented in National/International Conferences||01|
|Books Published with ISBN||01|
|In House Journals||03|
- Highly qualified doctors appointed to run the course.
- Highly sophisticated ICT enabled labs.
- Exposure and training of the students in the topmost hospitals of India during the coursework.
- Highly qualified doctors from the reputed hospitals of India are invited to deliver lectures.
- 100% job opportunity in topmost hospitals of India and Abroad.
- Great emphasis on communication skills and soft skills, personality development, organizational skills, business skills & quality management.
- Collaboration & tie-ups with top most hospitals for placements.
- Paper publication of students in an In-house journal every year.
- PowerPoint Presentations by the students.
- Ramandeep Kaur: Placed at Max Multi Super specialty Hospital, Bathinda as OT coordinator.
- Sanjoli Dhamija: Placed at Jindal Heart care Hospital, Bathinda as Quality Manager.
- Jaspreet Kaur: Placed at Moga Medicity, Moga as Patient Care Coordinator.
- Sonia: Placed at Amandeep Hospital, Amritsar as Helpline Executive.
- Baljeet Kaur: Placed at Amandeep Hospital, Amritsar as Front Desk Executive.
- Pardeep Kaur: Placed at Moga Medicity, Moga as NABH and TPA Coordinator.
- Mandeep Kaur: Placed at Amandeep Medicity Hospital, Amritsar as MRD Executive.
- Sherry Kaushal: Placed at Amandeep Medicity, Amritsar as HR Executive.
- Amandeep Kaur: Placed at Amandeep Medicity, Amritsar as Guest Relation Officer.
- Priyanka: Placed at Moga Medicity, Moga as NABH and HR Coordinator.
- Preetam Dhawan: Placed at Brar Eye Hospital, Kotkapura as Quality Manager
- Sonam: Placed at Brar Eye Hospital, Kotkapura as Quality Manager.