Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Courses Offered
- Faculty Profile
- Vision, Aim and Mission
- Strengths of the Department
The Department of Hospitality and Tourism Management is the premier Tourism Department. The Department was established in 2018 with few students and only one faculty member. Hospitality and Tourism Management (BHTM) aims at becoming one of the premier department in the college offering education, training and consultancy in the field of Hospitality, Tourism, Travel and Management sector. The programme was initiated keeping in view the growing importance of the Tourism Industry in our country. The flourishing Tourism in the country has created a sudden demand for Tourism Professionals to serve in the Industry. The department has a mission of becoming one of the outstanding Academic Department imparting professional Tourism and Hospitality Knowledge and being a major course of gearing Tourism professionals to serve in the Industry within the country. Through dedicated teaching, training, projects and developing a resource base on tourism, the Department aims to make Tourism education a technical and employment-oriented field of study.
B.Voc. in Hospitality and Tourism Management (HTM).
|Mr. Kushal Singh||H.O.D / Asst. Prof.||MTA, Pursuing Ph.D.,|
Vision, Mission and Aim
The Department has a vision of becoming one of the outstanding Academic Departments imparting professional Tourism and Hospitality Knowledge and become a major course of gearing Tourism professionals to serve in the Industry within the country and abroad also. Through the dedicated teaching, training, projects and developing a resource based on tourism, the Department envisions to make Tourism education as technical and employment-oriented field of study.
- To mold Tourism and Hospitality Professionals ideally suitable for serving in all fields of the Tourism Industry by way of running academic programs.
- To run academic programs ensuring the all-round development of the Tourism Industry in order to enhance the Quality of Life of host population by imparting education about tourism benefits and enhancing the experience of the tourists through the delivery of the quality product and services.
- To inculcate knowledge of optimum local resource utilization for developing tourism in a sustainable manner and to promote balanced regional growth on account of tourism by way of producing trained tourism professionals.
- To educate the people about the benefits of tourism development to their local communities and to foster community approach to tourism development by way of organizing outdoor activities of our students like Tourism Expeditions, Adventure, and Eco-Friendly Camps.
- To develop skills as per requirement of Tourism Industry.
- To develop the communication skills and make them confident.
- To develop Tourism skills and made them employable.
- To enhance soft skills in student for the better career prospectus.
- Well qualified and experienced faculty.
- 14 Students getting education in the Department.
- Modern Smart-Class Rooms equipped with LCD projector and internet facility.
- Library equipped with more than 150 Books, Periodicals, 12 Journals/Magazine, and News Papers.
- Teaching-learning techniques by latest methodologies like PowerPoint presentations, Group Discussion, LCD Projector etc.
- Guest/special Lectures by eminent scholars that help both the students and the faculties members to keep pace with the advanced developments in their respective subjects.