Department of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Department of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Courses Offered
- Faculty Profile
- Vision, Aim and Mission
- Strengths of the Department
The Department of Journalism and Mass Communication is a premier Media Department at Dev Samaj College for Women affiliated to the Panjab University, Chandigarh. It is recently established with a few students and only one faculty member. From a modest beginning, the department offers a course leading to the Bachelor of Vocational Course in Journalism and Mass Communication. The Department teaches and trains the aspiring students to meet the current challenges in Media Industry and communication studies. The department provides an in-depth understanding of the concept, role, and significance of Journalism in the social development. Progression of strong media and communication skills are of immense value in the comprehension and understanding of the facts related to the societal events, policy matters and educational framework for the sustainable development of the Nation. In a world, where communication and media is considered as one of the most sought-after fields, the department is committed to grooming the students in the various fields like PR & Corporate Communication, Advertising, Print, Electronic, and New Media to name a few. Above all, it aims at producing good and responsible media professionals with the potential to play roles at both regional and global levels. The Department provides intensive practical training in print media, electronic media, filmmaking,and public address system.
B.Voc. in Journalism & Mass Communication.
|Mr. Bansi Lal||HOD & Assistant Prof.||M.A (MC)., M.Phil., NET, Pursuing Ph.D.,|
The Vision of the Department of Journalism and Mass Communication is to offer the young aspiring media professionals an interdisciplinary and dynamic milieu where they can develop comprehensive and critical awareness of diverse communication and media environments. We are shaping the future of news and media. The college is committed to promoting a strong and independent free press. Through its faculty and curriculum, we give the fundamental journalistic values of accuracy, accountability, and fairness, and are a trailblazer in using digital and multimedia technologies in dynamic storytelling. It prepares its students for success in today’s exciting and innovative journalistic landscape and develops the skills and confidence to rise to the top of today’s demanding news and media-dependent world.
- To educate and train the students in the art and craft of Journalism and equip them with the skills and practices to readily take up the journalistic and production jobs in various media houses.
- To provide the basic and emerging concepts and principles in relation to better decision making in the various areas of Media like advertising & allied fields, public relations & corporate communication.
- To enable the students to integrate various functions of media and journalism with the organizational goals and strategies.
- To upgrade performance standards in the field like Journalism, Public Relation, Print Media, Electronic Media, New media & Advertising.
- To encourage the follow up of the latest techniques in the field of Journalism and Mass Communication.
- To develop skills as per the requirements of media Industry.
- To develop the communication skill and make them confident.
- To develop technical skill and made them employable.
- To enhance soft skills in the student for better career prospectus.
- Well qualified and experienced faculty.
- 15 Students are enrolled in the course.
- Modern Smart-Class Rooms equipped with LCD projector and internet facility.
- Modern and well-Equipped Computer lab.
- Modern TV Studio, Radio Studio and Printing lab.
- Library equipped with more than 2000 Books, Periodicals, 12 Journals/Magazine and News Papers.
- Teaching-learning techniques by latest methodologies like PowerPoint presentations, Group Discussion, LCD Projector etc.
- Guest/special Lectures by the eminent scholars that help both the students and the faculty to keep the pace with advance developments in their respective subjects.