Department of Physical Education
- Department of Physical Education
- Courses Offered
- Faculty Profile
- Vision and Mission
- Publication Work
- Research Projects
- Strengths Of the Department
- Sports Center
- Outstanding Alumnae
- Other Achievements
Games and sports have been an integral part of the college since the establishment. Physical Education, as an elective subject was introduced in the year of 1981. The College occupies a noteworthy place in the sports history of India. Games and sports are compulsory for all the students; provision has therefore been made for games and sports under the supervision of qualified Physical Education Teachers. The college has a very spacious playground with the facility of games likes Wrestling, Badminton, Tug-of-war, Judo, Kho-Kho and Kabaddi. Our college is known for offering quality education in the field of Physical Education. Our college is best known for Kabaddi all over India. Various awards, like Maharaja Ranjit Singh award, have been given in the field of sports. The Punjab Sports Department has given cash incentive of Rs.8 lakh to each student of this Institution who participated in the Kabaddi World Cup during 2010-11-12.The same enthusiasm and keen interest is a continuous process in the sports field of this college.
- B.A. with Physical Education as a subject.
|Mr. Palwinder Singh||H.O.D and Asstt. Prof.||M.P.Ed., M.Phil.,|
|Ved Parkash Sharam||Asstt. Prof.||M.P.Ed., M.Phil., NET, SLET|
|Dr. Kulbir Singh||Asstt. Prof.||M.P.Ed, M.Phil., PhD|
|Ms. Harwinder Kaur||Asstt. Prof.||M.P.Ed.,B.P.Ed..|
To engage in relentless pursuit of excellence in Physical Education & Sports for health, fitness and wellness of the citizens.
- To provide excellent research and training in Physical Education in order to promote and develop the health and well being of people.
- To produce quality Physical Education teachers for imparting instruction in the subject of Physical Education.
- To make people aware of the benefits of physical activity through extensive lectures and demonstrations.
- To promote health through specific physical activities, prescribed by specialized physical educationists.
- To provide harmonious and stimulated academic environment for the promotion of quality teaching and research in the department.
- To provide opportunity to faculty and students of the Department for their self evaluation, accountability, autonomy and innovations in the area of physical education and sports.
- To concentrate on quality research in the area of health, physical education and sports.
|Research Papers (UGC approved journals)||33||04|
|Papers Presented in National/International Conferences||05||17|
|Books published with ISBN||07|
Research Proposals Submitted
- Kulbir Singh (Assistant Professor) applied for impress (ICSSR) Major project with title “Survey of health and environment available in Elementary Schoolin the state of Punjab” worth Rs. 13.5 Lakhs.
- Kulbir Singh (Assistant Professor), Mr. Palwinder Singh, Mr. Ved Parkash and Ms. Harwinder Kaur applied for impress (ICSSR) National Seminar with title “RECENT TRENDS IN PHYSICAL EDUCATION: AN OVERLOOK” worth Rs. 3.72 Lakhs.
Games and sports are an integral part in the life of an individual. A healthy sport culture helps in the development of physical competencies among the children. Physical fitness and competencies help in instilling the quality of sportsmanship among the youth, which can decrease the crime rate in the society. Physical fitness helps not only in making a person to be worthy and valuable, but it can also give the country and society the best citizens. If we wish to have physical fitness of the future generation, we must make today’s students strong, healthy and competent; especially, we should make future parents strong and healthy. Proper and systematic training of physical education gives robust health and physical competencies to the future youth of the country and thus provides strong and healthy youth for the foundation of a strong nation. By this way only, we can create a strong nation. This is possible only when an environment is created which is suitable for the development of physical competencies. Following the motto “Never-Say-Die,” the Department of Physical Education was established in 1981. The aim of the Department is to prepare professional leaders of Physical Education who will serve the Nation by their professional knowledge and skill. The department has produced many players at the National and International level in various games and brought laurels to the college. The Physical Education Department is making consistent progress in various fields. In fact, this department is the nursery of internationally recognized sports persons. The department has produced as many as players who have represented India in the International arena. Since 1981, the department has also organized various tournaments like- inter-college, inter-university, state and national from time to time.
- The Department of Physical Education Applied for Khelo India Wrestling Centre.
- The Department of Physical Education Applied for Kabaddi Extension Centre Sports Authority of India.
Ms. Veerpal Kaur- Sub Inspector in Punjab Police.
Ms. Rajveer Kaur- Sub Inspector in Punjab Police.
Ms. Jasveer Kaur -Sub Inspector in Punjab Police.
Ms. Randeep Kaur-A.S.I in Punjab Police.
Ms. Rupinder Kaur- Head Constable in Punjab Police.
Ms. Paramjeet Kaur- Head Constable in Punjab Police.
Ms. Manpreet Kaur- Head Constable in Punjab Police.
Ms. Navdeep Kaur- Head Constable in P.A.P Jalandhar
Ms. Veerpal Kaur- C.S.T in Punjab Police.
Ms. Amanpreet Kaur- C.S.T in Punjab Police.
Ms. Sandeep Kaur- C.S.T in Punjab Police.
Ms. Sukhdeep Kaur- C-2 in B.S.F
Ms. Amandeep kaur- C.S.T in B.S.F.
Ms. Pinderjeet Kaur- C.S.T in C.R.P.F.
Ms. Charanjeet kaur C.S.T in C.R.P.F.
Ms. Bharti Sharma- C.S.T in C.R.P.F.
Ms. Rajwinder Kaur- C.S.T in Punjab Police.
Ms. Gurtej Kaur- C.S.T in Punjab Police.
Ms. Veerpal Kaur- C.S.T in Punjab Police.
Ms. Mandeep Kaur- C.S.T in Punjab Police.
Ms. Aarti Cashier in Gramin Bank
Ms. Amandeep Kaur Cashier in Gramin Bank
Ms. Karamjeet Kaur Conductor in Panchayati Raj
Ms. AmandeepKaur Conductor in Panchayati Raj
Ms. Ekampreet Kaur P.E.T in Govt School Delhi.
Ms. Simranjeet KaurCoach in Punjab Sports Dept.
Ms. Harpreet KaurSenior Clerk in Railways
Ms. Sandeep Kaur Govt. Teacher in KVS.
Ms. Prabsharan Kaur coach in International School.
Ms. Harwinder Kaur Assistant Prof. in D.S.C.W Ferozepur.
Ms. Baljit Kaur Govt teacher in School.
Ms. Harbans KaurCST in R.P.F
Ms. Sarabjit Kaur Govt teacher in School
- Randeep Kaur Represented India Kabaddi Team in Asian Games 2018 at Indonesia.
- Randeep Kaur Represented India Beach Kabaddi at Mascat, Onam.
- Veerpal Kaur Represented India in Asia Kabaddi Cup at Dhaka (Bangladesh)
- Manpreet Kaur Represented India in Cycle Style World Cup Kabaddi in India.
- Randeep Kaur Represented India in Cycle Style World Cup Kabaddi in India.
- Simarjeet Kaur Represented India in Cycle Style World Cup Kabaddi in India.
- Pinderjeet Kaur Represented India Indo Pak Cycle Kabaddi Tournament in Pakistan.
- Amandeep Kaur Represented India Indo Pak Cycle Kabaddi Tournament in Pakistan.
- Manpreet Kaur Represented India Indo Pak Cycle Kabaddi Tournament in Pakistan.