Basic Sciences Departments
UGC has conferred three-star status to the Science Departments of DSCW where more than 2000 students are getting education. The Science Departments are equipped with the latest laboratories, technologies and software. Keeping in view the increasing interest among the students; an independent Library, I.T. department, 18 new labs and 22 new class rooms and Independent staff rooms have been constructed with the investment of, amounting to the investment of more than INR 15 crore. The real asset of the Science Department, is the extraordinary hard working faculty of National and International repute that groom and transform the students with great passion, commitment, hard-work and dedication.
Highlights of the Science Departments
- The Science Department of DSCW was established in 1960 and the Post Graduate Department was started in 2009
- Science Department of DSCW has been recognized by the University Grants Commission under its scheme of Potential For Excellence as a Star-Department.
- The Department has highly qualified, committed and dedicated faculty of National and International Repute.
- The Department is well-equipped with a wide range of sophisticated and analytical equipment.
- Besides, a rich section of books in the main library, the Department has an independent library with the latest reference books for the students and the faculty.
- In addition to teaching, the faculty members are engaged in research and Publications in reputed peer-reviewed international and national journals that have added immense value to the academic milieu.
- The Department has helped and guided a large number of students, who have become nationally and internationally reputed medical doctors, engineers and scientists.
- UGC, DBT and CSIR sponsored National and International conferences are organised by the Department.
- The Department also conducts classes for UGC-NET, GATE and other competitive examinations.
- More than 2000 students are getting educated in the Science Department.
- The Department has independent I.T. Lab equipped with latest i-7 computers.
- Teaching through PowerPoint presentation and seminars is a regular feature.
- Well-established Herbarium constructed for the promotion of life sciences.
- University Positions in almost all the science classes with almost 100% results.
- Well-maintained Botanical garden with a wide collection of rare and economically important species of plants.