देव समाज कालेज फार वूमैन फिरोजपुर शहर, प्रिंसीपल मैडम डा. मधु पराशर जी के कुशल नेतृत्व में...READ MORE
P.G. Department of Botany
- P.G. Department of Botany
- Courses Offered
- Faculty Profile
- Vision, Aim and Mission
- Publication Work
- National Seminars/Conferences organized
- Research Projects
- Strengths Of the Department
- Outstanding Alumni
- Other Achievements
Since the inception of the Department in the year 1960, it has made tremendous stride in imparting qualitative teaching and initiating eminence research in Dev Samaj College for Women, Ferozepur. The Department owes its uniqueness due to the focus on fundamental research and teaching in plants and our study of populations, communities and ecosystem of which they are key component. Our faculty conducts basic and applied research on various specialised issues. Within the department, we offer courses leading to the B.Sc., M.Sc. and various inter-disciplinary programmes. At present, the Department has a galaxy of well-qualified and experienced faculty members. The Post Graduate Department of Botany is conferred with the status of ‘Star-Science department’ of the college by UGC for the year 2013-14. The Department regularly organizes workshops, seminars with the enthusiastic participation of the faculty of national and international repute. These activities keep the students aware not only about the current developments and frontiers of research in the subject discipline but also about developing organisational skills.
- M.Sc. in Botany
- B.Sc. Medical with Botany as a subject
|Dr. Manish Kumar||HOD &Assistant Professor||M.Sc., Ph.D.|
|Dr. Geetanjali||Assistant Professor||M.Sc., Ph.D.|
|Dr. Jatinder Pal||Assistant Professor||M.Sc., Ph.D.|
|Dr. Harpreet Kaur||Assistant Professor||M.Sc., Ph.D.|
|Dr. Saroj Kumar Pradhan||Assistant Professor||M.Sc., Ph.D.|
|Ms.Hardeep Kaur||Assistant Professor||M.Sc., NET|
|Mrs. Shakti Chawla||Associate Professor||M.Sc., M.Phil.|
To become a centre of excellence in education, research and occupy a place amongst the most eminent institutions of the Nation.
- To create, preserve & disseminate knowledge and to inculcate its students a sense of discipline and dedication.
- To channelize the energy of budding youths towards creative, professional and technical skills capable of meeting the challenges of the world and the quality of human life.
To provide the finest teaching, learning & research environment to prepare tomorrow’s scientists.The main aim of the Department is not only to inculcate academic skills in the students but also to impart good moral values.
|Research Papers (in Scopus, SCI and UGC approved Journals)||61|
Stress Physiology: Research on responses of plants under different environmental conditions
Study of Antioxidant Enzymes in plants
Mycology: Post-Harvest Decay of Perishable Fruits
Ethno-medicinal Studies of Trees Growing in Punjab
Ethno-Gynecological Research of Traditional Medicinal Plants
Taxonomy: The Herbarium Research in Botanical and Environmental Sciences
Research on Bioactive compounds in plants
Cytogenetic Variations in different plants
|Papers Presented in National Conferences/Seminar||55|
|Seminar on Global Environmental Issues
Seminar on Science Today
Seminar on Ayurveda and Health
Seminar on Recent Trends in Crop Improvement
|State level Workshops Sponsored by CAPITOL, Jalandhar||01|
|Institute Funded/Self Financed National conference/Workshop/Seminar||24|
Dr. Manish Kumar (Assistant Professor) applied for UGC Major Research Project vide MRP ID: MRP-MAJOR-BOTA-2014-63978 entitled ‘Role of 24-Epibrassinolide in Regulating Antioxidant Defense System of Brassicajuncea L. under Fluoride Stress,’ worth of Rs.19 Lakhs.
- Highly Qualified, Meritorious and Experienced faculty
- Independent staff room with Internet facility, ICT-based teaching with smart-classrooms equipped with an LCD projector.
- 03 well-equipped laboratories with highly advanced instruments (Seed Germinator, BOD, Spectrophotometer, Gel Electrophoresis Unit, Auto Clave, Centrifuge, Binocular Microscopes, UV illuminator and Laminar Flow)
- Faculty and students are engaged in various online programs like (MOOC, NPTEL, SAWAYAM, etc.)
- Well-maintained and updated Museum and Herbarium
- Botanical garden with a wide variety of plants.
- Vermin-composting Unit.
- The Departmental library is well-equipped with references books, research journals and magazines.
- Remarkable University results in the undergraduate and postgraduate classes.
- Emphasis is laid on value-added teaching of the subject as well as moral values to the students.
- Workshops, Exhibitions and Conferences are organized frequently for knowledge enrichment.
- Ramanpreet Kaur, Post Graduation Certificate Course in Environmental Monitoring and Impact Assessment, Cambrian College, Sudbury, Canada
- Navjot Kaur Sidhu, Environmental Lab Technician, Sheridan College, Davis Campus, Brampton, Canada
- Kirandeep Kaur, Office Administration Health Services, St. Lawrence College, Kingston, Ontario Canada
- Navneet Kaur, Lab Technician, Canada
- Navpreet Kaur, M.Sc. Biotechnology, Canada
- Manwinder Kaur, Project Management, Canada
- Mandeep Kaur, M.Sc. Environment Science, Breton University, Nova Scotia, Sydney, Canada
- Kiranjot Deol, M.Sc. Biotechnology, Australia
- Ruchika, M.D. Pediatrics New York (USA)
- Gagandeep Kaur, Lecturer at LPU
- Anju Rural, Medical Officer
- Renuka, JR, RML Hospital, New Delhi
- Navjot, MO Primary, Health Centre, Moga
- Harleen, R.M.D.
- Sheenam, PO, State Bank of Patiala
- Neha Malhotra, AIMA College
- Dr. Harpreet Kaur achieved the Best Poster Award in a UGC-sponsored 9thNational Conference on RACES-2018 held at Multani Mal Modi College, Patiala on Feb 9-10, 2018.
- Hardeep Kaur, qualified the online exam NPTEL with the distinction of Elite Gold and acquired the prestigious gold medal award.
- Rohita, student of M.Sc. Botany, got honored with First Prize in POSTER PRESENTATION organized as a part of National Conference on ‘Research in Plant Sciences for sustainable Development’ held at Shri Guru Granth Sahib World University, Fatehgarh sahib on March 16-17, 2018.