देव समाज कालेज फार वूमैन फिरोजपुर शहर, प्रिंसीपल मैडम डा. मधु पराशर जी के कुशल नेतृत्व में...READ MORE
P.G. Department of Chemistry
- P.G. Department of Chemistry
- Courses Offered
- Faculty Profile
- Vision, Aim and Mission
- Publication Work
- National Seminars/Conferences organized
- Strengths Of the Department
- Outstanding Alumni
- Other Achievements
- Campus Placements
The Department of Chemistry is one of the prestigious departments of DSCW established in 1960. It has been awarded with the status of ‘Star-Science Department’ by the UGC during the year 2013-14. The Department is proud to be the first in Ferozepur district to start M. Sc. Course in Chemistry with the efforts of Principal Dr. Madhu Prashar and Dr. Anju Gupta (HOD) in 2013. The department has highly qualified and experienced faculty members. It has an excellent academic record in preparing the students for career and higher education.
The Department has stimulating undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes. Frequent seminars and group discussions are organized for the benefit of students. Seminars have created a deep and extensive impact on the quality of chemistry education in the region and act as a nodal agency to popularize chemistry in daily life. The Department of Chemistry produces students with a sound background of theoretical and experimental knowledge. The Department offers a vibrant atmosphere to the students and faculty to nurture the spirit of scientific inquiry and to pursue cutting-edge research in a highly encouraging environment. The students, after completing their UG and PG courses, easily find placements in government and private sectors.
- M.Sc. Chemistry
- B.Sc. (General)
- B.Sc. (Hons.)
|Mrs. Sunita Khanna||HOD& Asst. Prof.||M.Sc., M.Phil.|
|Dr. Anju Gupta||Dean Examination & Assoc. Prof.||M.Sc. (Hon’s) Ph.D.|
|Dr. Harleen Kaur||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D.|
|Dr. Sugandha Dhoun||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc. (Hon’s), Ph.D.|
|Dr. Gurpreet Singh||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc., Ph.D.|
|Mrs. Neha Gupta||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc. (Hon’s), NET|
|Ms. Anupama Malhotra||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc., NET|
|Mr. Vatan Chawla||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc.(Hon’s), NET|
|Mrs. Poonam Mehta||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc., M.Phil.|
|Mr. Mritunjay||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc.|
The vision of the department is to build foundation for excellence and spur development of the institution as a premier institution, by igniting and nurturing enthusiasm, interests and passion, in the field of Chemistry.
- To awaken the young minds and discover their talents both in theory and in practical chemistry, through dedication to teaching, commitment to students and innovative instructional methods.
- To introduce pioneering programs in the department that will embrace heritage and values to the institution.
- To produce quality and knowledgeable chemistry graduates capable of creating new developments for the society and preparing scientists of higher calibre for global standards quality and commitment to service to the community
- To inspiring students to undertake research programme addressing local, national and global needs.
- To achieve more institute-Industry collaboration at the student level.
- To impart quality education and achieve academic excellence.
- To transform the students into efficient professionals.
|Research Papers in Scopus/ SCI Indexed and UGC Approved Journals||29|
|Papers presented in National/International Conferences||20|
|Books published with ISBN||01|
|Emerging Technologies in Computing||15|
- Status of ‘Star-Science Department’ by the UGC for the year 2013-2014.
- Highly qualified and experienced faculty members
- University Approved Faculty for supervising PhD scholar.
- World-class laboratory infrastructure
- State-of-the-art instruments
- Learning resource centre
- Guest lectures by the eminent scientists on the topics in the frontier areas of chemistry
- Faculty Development Programmes
- Wide use of ICT by faculty and students
- Experimental demonstrations
|Dr. (Mrs.) Lalita Goyal||Ph.D. Scientist in R & D planning division of CSIR, New Delhi|
|Mrs. Amita Chawla||CSIR NET JRF. Assistant Prof.Department of Chemistry, Govt. Brajindra College, Faridkot|
|Dr. Harleen Kaur||Assistant Prof. Ferozepur Group of Colleges, FZR.|
|Ms. Rekha||CSIR NET qualified, Assistant Prof. Surjeet Memorial College, FZR|
|Ms. Anjali Thakur Uppal||MNC QUINTILES, Ahmedabad.|
|Ms. Vasu||Analyst, Commerce Banking, Bangalore.|
|Dr. Charanjeet Kaur Mangat||Head of Department of Physical Sciences, RIMT University, Mandi Gobindgarh|
|Ms. Gurmeet Kaur||Research Scholar, Punjabi University, Patiala.|
|Ms. Mandeep kaur||CSIR-NET qualified, Assistant Prof. Department of Chemistry, R.S.D College, Ferozepur|
|Ms. Goldy||Assistant Prof. Department of Chemistry, Govt. Brijindra College, Faridkot|
|Ms. Rama Mehta||Principal, Adarsh School, Bhagu, Sri Muktsar Sahib.|
|Ms. Rohini Sachdeva||Programme Manager, Science Department, New Castle College, London (UK)|
|Ms. Gagandeep Kaur||Assistant Professor, Dev Samaj College for Education, Ferozepur.|
|Ms. Poonam Mehta||Assistant Professor, Dev Samaj College for Women, Ferozepur.|
|Ms. Monika Dogra||Lecturer, Govt. Girls Sen. Sec. School, Sector- 18, Chandigarh.|
- Ishika,B.Sc. III (2016-19) Placed in Wipro
- Anmol,B.Sc. III (2016-19) Placed in Wipro
- Deepika Goyal, (2015-18) Placed in Wipro
- Smiley, (2015-18) Placed in Wipro
- Nisha Garg, (2015-18) Placed in Wipro and Infosys
- Manpreet Kaur, (2015-18) Placed in Wipro
- Sakshi, (2015-18) Placed in Infosys
- Jashanpreet Kaur, (2015-18) Placed in Wipro
- Three faculty members successfully completed Online MOOC course in October 2018
- More than 12 students of post graduate classes successfully completed their projects in session 2016-2018.Miss Pankaj Deepgot Best Paper Award At International Conference Organized by GGN Khalsa College, Ludhianaon 17th April 2018
- The Department submitted a Project entitled “ A Survey Based on Attitude of Young Folks Towards Dowry System” as Social Awareness Programme in 2017-18