P.G. Department of Fashion Designing
- P.G. Department of Fashion Designing
- Courses Offered
- Faculty Profile
- Vision, Aim and Mission
- Publication Work
- National Seminar/Conferences organized
- Research Projects
- Strength Of the Department
- Outstanding Alumni
- Other Achievements
The P.G. Department of Fashion Designing was established in the year 2014. Textile & Fashion Technology has always held immense importance effecting GDPs of a nation and producing an array of job profiles which are basically skill based. With relentless efforts of our Dynamic, magnanimous Principal Madam, Principal Dr. (Mrs.) Madhu Prashar, revolution in education took place with the introduction of elective and add-on courses in Fashion Designing in 2009. In 2014 two year advanced diploma in Fashion Designing under Community College Scheme was introduced to cater to the education needs of the underprivileged .
Seeing the heavy demand for the courses in Fashion Designing in 2015 Skilled course i.e. 3 year Vocational Degree in Textile and Fashion Technology to enhance the employability of the students and to fill the skill gap was initiated and enrolment for the same was started and department was expanded. In 2018, two year Advance diploma in Cutting, Tailoring and Embroidery & Fashion Designing and Clothing Construction was started for the under deprived girls.
This Vocational course specially at backward and border area towns like ours serve to provide ground level support for initiating employability.
M.Sc. (Fashion Designing)
B.Voc (Textile & Fashion Technology)
Elective Fashion Designing (B.A.)
Dual Degree Programme (Fashion Designing)
Diploma and Advance Diploma Course in Fashion Designing & Clothing Construction
Advance diploma in Cutting, Tailoring and Embroidery
|1||Dr. Khushwinder Gill||Head & Assistant Prof.||M.Sc., Ph.D.|
|2||Ms. Shweta Thappa||Assistant Prof.||M.Sc. Fashion Designing, NET|
|3||Mrs. Ruchi Sharma||Assistant Prof.||M.Sc. Fashion Designing|
|4||Mrs. Parulpreet Sandhu||Assistant Prof.||MBA Design Development|
|5||Mrs. Rajinder Kaur||Associate Professor||M.Sc. Fashion Technology|
|6||Mrs. Anchal||Lecturer||B.A., ITI, Pursuing M.Sc. FT|
To emerge as a Centre of Excellence and innovation, proactively catalysing growth of fashion business through the leadership in profession education with the concern for social and human values.
- To empower and develop an appreciation for Rural life in a Holistic Manner.
- To enhance Entrepreneur skills for Professional Careers.
- To be amongst the leading institute in fashion, design, creation and education through continuous innovation, best teaching faculty and delightful experience to the students.
- Build on an impeccable foundation of research & learning based on a wide spectrum of disciplines, to develop and disseminate knowledge & skills as per the emerging needs of society.
- To provide opportunities to fulfil the needs of women of all sections of the society.
- To train young girls to build ideal families and motivate them to acquire life-skill to sustain successfully in this competitive world.
- To empower each girl and to instil in her self-confidence.
|Research Papers (SCI/Scopus indexed and UGC approved journals)||12|
|Papers Presented in National/International Conferences||06|
|Books published with ISBN||04|
|National Seminars/ Conferences Organized:|
|National and International fashion show||03|
|National/ State level workshops||05+02|
|Proposal for National Seminar||2015||Fashion Innovativeness & buying behaviour||UGC, New Delhi||Submitted|
|Major Project||2018||To develop eco-friendly microencapsulated ant-microbial finish for cotton and wool fabric using natural plant extracts||Impress ICSSR, New Delhi||Submitted|
- Highly qualified, dedicated and committed faculty and support staff.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure facilities.
- Excellent results.
- Providing quality education at an affordable fee.
- Active participation in research activities.
- Adequate smart rooms to conduct seminars, conferences and workshops.
- Student Enrichment Programs
- Departmental Projects
- Training programs
- Campus Designer House
Industry Partnerships (16 Industry Partners)
- Sportking (Classic Wear) India Limited, Meharban, Ludhiana
- Sportking India Limited, Bathinda
- TNG Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore
- Vardhman Textiles Limited Ludhiana
- Government Industrial Training Institute, Ferozepur City
- Neva Garment Ltd., Ludhiana
- INIFD, Ferozepur Cantt.
- Sobhagia (Sportking) sales Pvt. Ltd. Ludhiana
- Rishi Fabrics Industry, Ludhiana
- Khatoons Designer Pvt Ltd, Ludhiana
- Make Over Zone, Jalandhar
- SS Knitwears, Ludhiana
- Gupta Weaving and Hosiery Industry, Ludhiana
- Honey BSSB Inc, Ludhiana
- Kaanha Boutique, Mohali
- Rich peace Garment CAD
- Rich peace Textile CAD
- Jindex Auto Pattern, Marking and Grading Software
|Sr. No.||Name||Currently working at which organization/ institution|
|1||Neelam Gupta||Teacher, Govt Senior Sec School, Karian Pehalwan, Ferozepur|
|2||Sonam||Assistant Professor, Dev Samaj College for Women Ferozepur City|
|3||Rani||Lecturer, DAV College for Women, Ferozepur cantt.|
|4||Suman lata||Boutique, Ferozepur City|
|5||Sumitnav Thind||Cosmetologist , Melbourne’ Australia|
|6||Nadia||Junior Analyst, Eclerx Company, Rajiv Gandhi Park, Chandigarh|
|7||Pardeep Kaur||Boutique Owner in Ferozepur|
|8||Shifu Grover||Lecturer, DAV College of Education, Fazilka.|
|9||Vandana Bhandari||Teacher, DC Model School Ferozepur Cantt|
|10||Gurneet Kaur||Lecturer , Dev Samaj College for Women, Ferozepur|
|11||Rajni Bala||Fashion Designer and Boutique Owner|
|12||Kirti Tondan||Got offer for job from Gupta Weaving Industry Ludhiana|
|13||Sandeep Kaur||Government Teacher|
- Youth &Heritage festival Participation
- Majority of the students scored above 80% marks
- Results– 100 percent
- Departmental Research Projects
- Youth & Heritage Festival Participation at Zonal and inter-Zonal level and has resulted in securing several awards.
- Annual Grand Fashion Show-Astitva
- Faculty Development Program
- Free Vocational Education under community college
- In-House Trainings
- Industrial Trainings
- Guest Lectures
- Demonstrations & Workshops
- National Seminars
- Community Development Activity
- Inter-Class Competitions
- Faculty Development Program
- Fashion Show Astitva -2018