देव समाज कालेज फार वूमैन फिरोजपुर शहर, प्रिंसीपल मैडम डा. मधु पराशर जी के कुशल नेतृत्व में...READ MORE
PG Department of Mathematics
- PG. Department of Mathematics
- Courses Offered
- Faculty Profile
- Vision, Aim and Mission
- Publication Work
- National Seminars/Conferences organized
- Research Projects
- Strengths of the Department
- Outstanding Alumnae
- Campus Placements
- Other Achievements
The Department of Mathematics began its journey in the year 1934 with a few students and only one faculty member. Being the oldest Department of the college, it has the rarest honor of shaping the future of lakhs of undergraduate and graduate students during its journey of almost eight decades. From a modest beginning to the dazzling success, today the Department offers courses leading to degrees of Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science and Master of Science. At present, the Department has a galaxy of nine well qualified and experienced faculty members with expertise that includes pure as well as applied mathematics. A concentration in pure mathematics, the more traditional course of study, ordinarily attracts students who expect to pursue higher degrees in mathematics, as well as those preparing for careers as mathematicians in industry and government sectors. The department of mathematics is conferred with the status of ‘Star Science Department’ of the college by UGC for the year 2013-14. Department of mathematics will not rest on its oars and will remain committed to further enhancing its strategic positioning as one of the top rated departments of the college.
- MSc. Mathematics.
- B.A. with Mathematics as a subject.
- BSc. with Mathematics as a subject in Non-Medical and Computer Science.
- B.C.A with Mathematics as a subject.
- M.A. Economics with Mathematics as a subject.
- M.Sc Chemistry with Mathematics as a subject.
- M.Sc Zoology & Botany with Mathematics as a subject.
- B.Sc. (Agriculture) with Mathematics as a subject.
|Dr.Nishant Juneja||H.O.D / Asstt. Prof.||M.Sc., M.Phil., NET, Ph.D|
|Mr.Sanjay Gupta||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc., M.Phil., NET|
|Mr. S.S.Sandhu||Dean Examination||M.Sc., M.Phil.|
|Mrs. Shilpa Nanda||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc., M.Phil., NET|
|Ms. Chandani||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc., NET|
|Ms.Manjinder Kaur||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc., NET|
|Ms. Roopam Garg||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc., NET|
|Ms.Sandeep Kaur||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc.|
|Ms. Poonam Handa||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc., B.Ed.|
To centre stage Mathematical knowledge in the curriculum; in still analytical and logical thinking among the students and promote mathematical thought as an important area of human thought.
- To upgrade the performance standards in the field of mathematics in order to be a leading Department of the college.
- To encourage the participation in scientific forums and seminars.
- To encourage the scientific research temperament and publications in the accredited scientific publications.
The Department of Mathematics educates students in pure mathematics and applied mathematics, inspiring them to appreciate, understand, and engage these disciplines. The study of mathematics offers a unique and important way of interpreting the world around us by bringing accuracy and rigor to the quest for discovering patterns in observations both abstract and concrete. We nurture a mathematical point of view in all of our students. We encourage the development of existing and new courses and seminars; and we promote participation in mathematical activities at local, regional, and National and International levels. Professional and community activities of faculty members is critical to support this mission, and we work to extend strengths in research, exposition, and professional leadership while maintaining a tradition of service to the community and beyond.
The aims of teaching and learning mathematics are to encourage and enable students to:
- Recognize that mathematics permeates all the world around us
- Enjoy mathematics and develop patience and persistence when solving problems
- Develop the knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to pursue further studies in mathematics
- Develop abstract, logical and critical thinking and the ability to reflect critically upon their work and the work of others
- Develop a critical appreciation of the use of information and communication technology in Mathematics
- Appreciate the international dimensions of Mathematics and its multicultural and historical perspectives.
|Research Papers (SCI/Scopus indexed and UGC approved/Peer reviewed journals)||22|
|Papers Presented in National/International Conferences||13|
|Books published with ISBN||50|
|Institute Funded/Self Financed National Seminars||20|
|National Conference (RTMCT-2016)||01|
- Mr. Nishant Juneja (Assistant Professor) applied for the UGC Major Project vide MRP ID: MRP-MAJOR-MATH-2014-61991 with the title Complex Dynamical Behaviour of Some Eco-Epidemiological Models” worth Rs.19 lakhs.
- Mr. Nishant Juneja (Assistant Professor) applied for NBHM Major Project with title “The Study of Complex Dynamic of Some Species Present in the Salton Sea” worth Rs.15 Lakhs.
- Mr. Nishant Juneja (Assistant Professor) applied for Minor Project with title “Cost Minimization Algorithms for Social Cloud: Cloud Computing in Social Networks”in collaboration with Department of Computer Science worth Rs.4.41 Lakhs.
- Conferred with the status of Star Science Departmentby UGC for the year 2013-14.
- Well-qualified and experienced faculty.
- More than 1200 students getting education in the Department.
- 10 M.Sc students cleared NPTEL online exam run by IIT, Karagpur, securing above 70% marks with distinction Elite Topper.
- Independent staff room, Independent IT Department and most modern Smart Class Rooms equipped with LCD projector and internet facility.
- Library equipped with more than two thousand Books, Periodicals, 12 Journals/Magazine and News Papers.
- Teaching-learning techniques by latest methodologies like power-point presentations, Mathematical Software, Latex Software, Seminar, Quiz, Group Discussion, LCD Projector etc.
- Highest university percentage of 96% in post graduation.
- Specialized training programs for faculty improvement for optimizing technical capabilities.
- Guest/special Lectures by eminent scholars that help both the students and faculties to keep pace with the advance developments in their respective subjects.
- Renu Bajaj (our Ex-Gold Medalist student) is working as a Professor in Panjab University Campus.
- Karpal Kaur is working as an Associate Prof. in Pbi Uni. Patiala
- Mamta Bajaj is working as an Associate Prof. in Govt. College Ludhiana.
- Sanjana Aggarwal is heading the Department of Mathematics in R.S.D College, Ferozepur City.
- Gagan is working as an Assistant Prof. in Department of Mathematics in H.M.V. College, Jalandhar.
- Pinki Jaiswal is working as Maths Tutor, Auckland (New Zealand).
- Harpreet Kamboj is working as Sales Associate at SHERWIN WILLIAMS, Canada.
- Eatika Malhotra is doing job in Cosmetology Department, Canada.
- Rohini Sachdeva is working as Programme Manager, Science Department, New Castle College, London.
- Parveen Kaur is working as Inspector, Food & Supply, Haryana Govt.
- Prabhjot Kaur is working as Statistical Assistant, Punjab Agriculture Department, Ferozepur.
- Ramandeep Kaur is working as an Assistant Professor at Islamic University of Science and Technology, J&K, TEQIP.
- Sheetal Joshi is working in ICICI Prudential, LDH.
- Riya Behl is working as Branch Head in Gradico Career Consultancy, Ferozepur.
- Payal Bajaj is working as Software Engg. At Ignival Solutions, Mohali Chd.
- Mehak Mehta is working as Solution Engg. At Quatrro Global Services, Gurgaon.
- Shaina Gupta is working as Associate Consultancy at Capgemini (MNC), Noida.
- Manpreet Kaur placed in WIPRO
- Sakshi placed in INFOSYS.
- Deepika goyal placed in WIPRO.
- Manpreet Kaur placed in WIPRO.
- Smiley placed in WIPRO,CONCENTRIX and ACCENTURE.
- Nisha Garg placed in WIPRO and INFOSYS.
Placements at DSCW as the faculty of Mathematics
- Aditi Prashar
- Mandeep Kaur
- Amandeep Kaur
- Sandeep Kaur
- Monika Gupta
Placements at DSCW as the faculty of Physics
Placements at DSCW as the faculty of Chemistry
Placements at DSCW as the faculty of Economics
- Ana Goyal
- Prof. Sanjay Gupta completed 11online NPTEL courses from IIT’s with rarest distinctions like ELITE TOPPER, GOLD MEDAL, etc.
- Mr. Nishant Juneja presented a paper titled “The Impact of Reduced Predation Ability of Infected Predator on Prey-Predator System” in a National-level workshop organized at Lyallpur Khalsa College, Jalandhar on 30-31 March 2012 and was honored with “Young Scientist Award”and a gold medal by Balbir Singh Society of Sciences.
- Mr. Nishant Juneja presented a paper titled “An Eco-Epidemic Model with Disease in both Prey and Predator” in IRD India Sponsored International Conference on Innovative Research in Engineering Science, Information & Communication Technology (ICREICT-2015) and the paper was selected as the BEST PAPERin the conference.
- Mr. Nishant Juneja presented a paper titled “An Eco-Epidemic Prey-Predator Model –A Mathematical Study” in Panjab University Sponsored National Seminar and the paper was selected as the BEST PAPER in the seminar.
- Every year faculty member of the Department joined online NPTEL courses and qualified the exams with distinctions like Elite+ Gold Medalist, Elite Topper
- In the session 2018-19, ten post graduate students passed the NPTEL exam with the distinction of Elite Topper.