देव समाज कालेज फार वूमेन में 80वां कन्वोकेशन सामारोह शानो-शोकत से सम्पन्न कालेज की ग्रेजुएट और पोस्ट...READ MORE
PG Department of Physics
- PG Department of Physics
- Courses Offered
- Faculty Profile
- Vision, Mission And Aim
- Publication Work
- National Seminars/Conferences organized
- Research Projects
- Strengths of the Department
- Outstanding Alumnae
- Campus Placements
- Other Achievements
PG department of Physics, DSCW, was established in the year 1960 and runs as one of the most popular Departments among the various institutes across the country. The Department has been serving for more than five decades to build the career of the undergraduate students in advanced physics. The rapid growth of the Department is reflected in its expansion under the dynamic stewardship of well qualified and experienced faculty members. The Department is committed to excelling in teaching and providing research opportunities in order to enrich learning experience of the undergraduate and post graduate students. It plays a leading role in conducting national level seminars/workshops/conferences in collaboration with the most prestigious institutes across the country. Workshops, group discussions, guest lectures and competitions like quiz, essay writing, poster making are also organized to enable the students to become fully competent in the global community. The Department has its unique contribution in the field of physics and human values with the exploration of new frontiers of knowledge and innovations in academics.
M.Sc(Two Year degree program)
B.Sc (Non Medical /Computer Science)
|Mrs.Satinderjit Sethi||HOD, Associate Prof.||M.Sc., M.Phil.|
|Mr.S.S.Gill||Associate Prof.||M.Sc., M.Phil.|
|Dr. Asha||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc., Ph.D.|
|Mrs. Nadia||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc., NET|
|Ms.Asma||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc., NET|
|Mr. Gobind Ram||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc., NET|
|Mr.K.K.Prinja||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc., (Hon’s)|
|Ms. Preeti||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc.|
|Ms. Prabhdeep||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc.|
|Ms. Sonia||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc.|
|Ms. Heena||Asst. Prof.||M.Sc.|
- The vision of the Department is to mould the students into rational thinkers and socially aware citizens.
- Department of physics envisions promoting new areas of research with an emphasis on interdisciplinary and applied research.
- To provide a creative and stimulating environment for the education of future generations of physicists.
- The mission of the department is to create a progressive model of lifelong learning, innovative teaching and research as per the needs of the modern industry and society.
- Department of physics achieves its mission by igniting enthusiasm, interest and passion among the young minds in teaching and research.
The Aim of the post graduate department of physics is value based education.
|Research Papers in Scopus/ SCI Indexed and UGC Approved Journals||29|
|Papers presented in National/International Conferences||30|
|Seminar Abstract Books||01|
|One Day workshops||04|
Minor Project-Estimation of Natural Radioactivity in the Environs of Barnala District of Punjab
- Highly competent, efficient and student-friendly faculty.
- Well-equipped six labs with ultra-modern instrumental facilities.
- Highly modernized Computer Lab.
- Staffroom with Internet Facility.
- Magazines available in the library are Pratiyogita Darpan, Current Science and Resonance.
- Frequent seminars, Workshops, Quiz Competitions, Debates, PowerPoint Presentations and the Celebrations of important International Days & National Science Day etc. are also organized by the Department.
- Department has research collaborations with Panjab University, Chandigarh and PTU, Jalandhar
- The only women Postgraduate Department which offers M.Sc. course in Physics awarded by Panjab University, Chandigarh in the Border Area.
- About 8 renowned Scientists of National repute have visited the Department for the lectures and interactive sessions with the students.
- Mrs. Lalita Goyal, Ph.D., Scientist in R&D planning division of CSIR, New Delhi.
- Rohini Sachdeva, Programme Manager Science Dept, New Castle College, London.
- Uma Kamboj, M.Sc. in Astronomy and Space, Project Assistant Level II, CSIO Chandigarh.
- Anjali Thakur Uppal, works in an MNC QUINTILES at Ahemdabad
- Ankita Aggarwal Kansal,research scholar at Creighton University, Omaha, USA.
- Amita Chawla, CSIR NET JRF Qualified, Assistant Professor in Govt. Brijindra College, Faridkot.
- Renuka Narula, JR, RML Hospital, New Delhi.
- Gagan (Gold medalist), H.O.D Maths in H.M.D.A.V. College, Jalandhar.
- Nadia CSIR-NET qualified, Lecturer in DSCW Ferozepur.
- Nitasha, P-TET qualified
- Harpal,Associate Professor,Deptof Physics,Punjabi University Patiala
- Kirpal Kaur,Principal,Govt. College of Boys,Ludhiana
- Renu,Associate Professor in Maths, Panjab University,Chandigarh
- Mamta,Associate Professor in Physics,Govt. College of Boys,Ludhiana
- Ms Nadia as an Assistant Professor in Physics.
- Ms Sonia as an Assistant Professor in Physics.
- Ms Gurpreet as an Assistant Professor in Physics.
- Ms Gagan as an Assistant Professor in Physics.
- Nisha Garg Placed in Wipro Wase
- Jashan Preet Kaur Placed in Infosys
- Deepika Goyal Placed in Infosys
- Sakshi placed in Infosys
- Ms Aditi Prashar as an Assistant Professor in Mathematics.
- Ms Mandeep Kaur as an Assistant Professor in Mathematics.
- Ms Amandeep Kaur as an Assistant Professor in Mathematics.
- Ms Sandeep Kaur as an Assistant Professor in Mathematics.
- Ms Poonam as an Assistant Professor in Mathematics.
- Ms Neha as an Assistant Professor in Mathematics.
- Ms Monika Gupta as an Assistant Professor in Mathematics.
- Mrs Anju as an Assistant Professor in Mathematics.
- Rabia as an Assistant Professor in Mathematics.
- Rajwinder as an Assistant Professor in Mathematics.
- Ms Poonam as an Assistant Professor in Chemistry.
- Ms Gurjeet as an Assistant Professor in Chemistry.
- Mrs Nishu as an Assistant Professor in Chemistry.
- Anku as an Assistant Professor in Chemistry
- Ravinder as an Assistant Professor in Chemistry
- Ms Jyoti as an Assistant Professor in computers
- Manpreet placed in Wipro
- Smiley placed in Wipro
- Dr. Asha Rani attended NPTEL Online MOOC Course on “Introduction of Polymer Physics” by Dr. Prateek Jha, IIT, Roorkee from Jul-Oct 2018 (12 week Course) and got Elite Certificate.
- Faculty has more than 60 Research Publications in International Peer-Reviewed Journals including 29 Scopus Indexed Journals
- Department has Organized National Seminar-cum-Workshop on the Recent Trends in Physics on Sept 06-07, 2017 under the aegis of Nuclear Track Society of India sponsored by Various Funding Agencies BRNS, AERB, NTSI.
- The Department Organized a State level Mega science competition “Feynman Fiziks Fest (FFF-2018)”on 8th September 2018 to celebrate century Saga of Sir Richard Feynman.