देव समाज कालेज फार वूमेन में 80वां कन्वोकेशन सामारोह शानो-शोकत से सम्पन्न कालेज की ग्रेजुएट और पोस्ट...READ MORE
Post Graduate Department of Computer Science
- Post Graduate Department of Computer Science
- Courses Offered
- Faculty Profile
- Vision, Aim and Mission
- Publication Work
- National Seminars/Conferences organized
- Research Projects
- Strengths Of the Department
- Outstanding Alumnae
- Campus Placements
- Other Achievements
About Post Graduate Department of Computer Science
The Post Graduate Department of Computer Science was established in the year 1999, with an objective of imparting quality education in the field of Computer Science. Due to the dynamic nature of technology, there is a dire need for knowledge in the field of IT. So, the Department is contributing a lot in this field by producing quality professionals holding important positions in IT industry. The Department started B.Sc. Computer science in the year 1999, Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) in the year 2000, Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Application in the year 2002 and Masters of Science in Information Technology in the year 2005. Recently, DSCW took the initiative to start Skill Development Programme in B.Voc software Development approved by the UGC under Deen Dayal Upadhaya Kaushal Kendras. The Department has state-of-the-art infrastructure and computing equipment supported by the high-speed Ethernet and wireless networks. The Department is proud to have 8 centrally air-Conditioned, well-equipped Computer Labs consisting of 210 computers and leased line internet facility. The Department has been consistently maintaining excellent academic results and placements. For updating the knowledge of the students, the Department continuously organizes seminars, workshops, Industrial visits and placement drives. As a result, both undergraduate and postgraduate students are well placed through on-campus and off-campus placement drives in reputed IT companies like Accenture, HCL, IBM Concentrix, Infosys, L&T InfoTech, Amazon, Wipro etc. The Department has got experienced and dedicated faculty members who work whole-heartedly for creating an academic-industrial environment through continuous interaction with the Industry. The Faculty members of the Computer Science Department have more than 110 research papers in both National and International Journals having ISSN number and 12 textbooks of Computer Science having ISBN number. The Department has its own National journal named “Journal of Computational Science and Technology” having ISSN number and five in-house Journals. The future plan of Department is to establish virtual classrooms and facilitate the students to enroll themselves for the online courses and to train them for the IT Industry.
|Mr.Sanjeev Kakkar||Head, Department of Computer Science||MCA, M.Phil|
|Mr.Rajesh||Assistant Professor||M.Tech, NET/JRF|
|Mr.Ankur Gupta||Assistant Professor||MCA, NET|
|Ms.Sakshi Kalra||Assistant Professor||M.Sc. (CS), M.Phil|
|Ms.Chanda||Assistant Professor||M.Sc. (CS), M.Phil|
|Mr.Shivam Kumra||Assistant Professor||MCA|
|Ms.Anjali Dhawan||Assistant Professor||MCA|
|Ms.Etti Sharma||Assistant Professor||MCA|
|Ms.Vanita||Assistant Professor||M.Sc.(IT), NET|
|Ms.Amita||Assistant Professor||B.Tech (IT)|
Vision, Mission and Aim
To build a strong research and healthy teaching environment that responds swiftly to the challenges of the 21st century.
The mission of the Post Graduate Department of Computer Science is to prepare the students for their careers as software professionals and for advanced studies in Computer Science. We develop and work with a range of technologies to build systems and applications that help to solve today’s problems, and share skills and knowledge with the community.
We are committed to providing the opportunity to master the computer science discipline to students from all the varied backgrounds. Our program combines strong fundamentals, project and team oriented activities, and soft skills, leading to a well-rounded professional education.
- Be able to design and create effective algorithms to solve computing problems, design and implement software, and devise new ways to use computers.
- Be able to prepare and equip students to effectively utilize hardware and software technologies in planning, installing, customizing, operating, managing and administering, and maintaining information technology infrastructure.
- Become proficient programmers.
- Have a broad exposure to computer systems.
- Have experience conducting research and completing large projects.
- Be able to apply the computational and algorithmic problem solving skills learned in computer science across many disciplines.
|Research Papers (SCI/Scopus indexed and UGC approved journals)||30|
|Papers presented in National/International Conferences||15|
|Books published with ISBN||12|
National Seminar/Conferences organized
|Emerging Technologies in Computing||09|
Research Proposals Submitted
- Mr. Rajesh Sachdeva (Assistant Professor) applied for the Minor Project with the title “Cost Minimization Algorithms for Social Cloud: Cloud Computing in Social Networks”in collaboration with the Department of Mathematics worth Rs.4.41 Lakhs.
- Well qualified and experienced faculty.
- More than 650 students getting education in the Department.
- Independent IT Department and the most Modern Smart Class Room equipped with LCD projector and Internet facility.
- Library equipped with more than 2200 Books, Periodicals, 10 Journals/Magazine and Newspapers.
- Teaching Learning Techniques through the latest methodologies like Power-Point Presentations, Seminars, Quiz, Group Discussions, LCD Projectors etc.
- Highest university percentage of 92% in Post Graduation.
- Specialized training programs for the faculty improvement for optimizing technical capabilities.
- Guest/special Lectures by the eminent scholars that help both the students and faculties to keep pace with the advanced developments in their respective subjects.
|Mehek Mehta||Tata Consultancy Services as a Senior System Engineer at Gurgaon|
|Shagun||Operations Executive, Infosys, Bangalore|
|Tanvi||Senior Testing Executive, Infosys, Bhubaneshwar|
|Sheenu Chawla||Professional Product Developer at DXC Technology, Noida|
|Gagan||Assistant Prof. in Department of Mathematics in H.M.V. College, Jalandhar|
|Shaina Gupta||Associate Consultancy at Capgemini(MNC), Noida|
|Reena Monga||Computer Applications, Wipro Limited, Greater Noida|
|Manisha Malhotra||Soft Developer at Fintek Software Pvt. Ltd, Panchkula|
|Garima||Operations Executive, Infosys, Bangalore|
|Harpreet Kamboj||Sales Associate at Sherwin Williams, Canada|
|Neha Thukral||Test engineer at L&T Infotech Minespace & Infotech, Mumbai|
|Smily||Computer Applications, Wipro Limited, Greater Noida|
|Payal Bajaj||Software Engg. at Ignival Solutions , Mohali, Chandigarh|
|Riya Behl||Branch Head in Gradico Career Consultancy, Ferozepur|
|Payal Bajaj||Software Engg. at Ignival Solutions, Mohali, Chandigarh|
|Shashi||Associate Consultant at Infosys Pune, Maharashtra.|
|Nisha Chopra||Amazon Development Centre,Bangalore.|
|Amandeep k. Aulakh||Director, Nehra Pvt. Ltd, Australia.|
|Shilpa Arora||Software Engineer, Team Leader, Sapient Technologies, Bangalore.|
|Ankita Chaudhary||Project Engineer at Wipro Technologies, Hyderabad.|
|Sheenam Kataria||Irrigation Deptt|
|Manpreet Kaur||System Engineer at Infosys, Pune, Maharashtra.|
|Aman Kapoor||Help Desk Analyst at Compucomp System Inc, Mississauga, Toronto Ontario Canada.|
|Priyanka Kataria||Software Engineer (Sr. Android Developer) Company – Poplify India Pvt.Ltd.|
|Shruti||Quality Insurancein Tele Performance, Chandigarh.|
|Payal Monga||Developer.NET, IT Park, Chandigarh|
|Ashima||Software Engineer in Chapter Apps, Gurgaon.|
|Shivani||Testing Executive in Mahindra World City, Jaipur, Rajasthan|
|Sakshi Duggal||Business Analyst at Grazitti Interactive , Panchkula|
|RituVasuja||Software Engineer at Piford Technologies Pvt. Ltd., Faridabad, Haryana|
|Priyanka Sehgal||QA Tester at Xerox IshikaChuchraat PHP Developer Millions Users Pvt. Ltd , Chandigarh|
|Sabia Bhullar||Catering Assistant, Altaira Nursing Agency/Support Staff, Adelaide, Australia.|
|Sheetal Joshi||ICICI Prudential Life Insurance, Ludhiana.|
|Priya Nagpal||Water Supply Sanitation Department.|
|Deepika Kalra||Punjab State Transmission Corporation Limited (TRANSCO) as a UDC.|
|Shilpa Ravit Bhatia||Clerical Assistant at PWD B&R Punjab.|
|Sunaiana||Data Entry Operator in Office of District Transport,Fazilka.|
|Shalini Sachdeva||Assistant Prof. in Computer Science Department. RSD College,Ferozepur City.|
|Manju Bajaj||Assistant Professor in Computer Science Department, Deshmesh Khalsa College, Sri Muktsar Sahib.|
|Simer Bajaj||Assistant Professor in Computer Science Department in Udham Singh Constitute College, Guruharsahai.|
|Vanita||Assistant Professor in Computer Science Department, Dev Samaj College for Women Ferozepur.|
|Aashima Nikhanj||Assistant Teacher (Govt.) at Cantonment Board School, Ferozepur Cantt.|
|Sargam Sharma||Assistant Professor in Computer Science at Khalsa College, Chandigarh.|
|Lisha Grover||Counselor at Global Educare, Faridkot.|
|Dimple Sachdeva||Assistant Professor in Computer Science at Punjabi University, Jaitu.|
|Menu||Assistant Professor in Computer Science at SD College, Hoshiarpur.|
|Monila||Food Hygiene and Quality Supervisor.|
|Sonia Behl||Assistant Professor in Computer Science Department, Guru Nanak College, Ferozepur Cantt.|
|Dipika Jindal||CZECH Republic Europe Company.|
|Savi Sharma||Teacher in Punjab Public School.|
- Reena student of BCA placed in Wipro
- Garima student of BCA placed in Infosys
- Shagun student of BCA placed in Infosys
- Upasna student of BCA placed in IBM
- Amandeep student of BCA placed in Concentrix
- Navdeep student of BCA placed in Concentrix
- Radika student of BCA placed in Conentrix
- Komal student of BCA placed inCS Infotech
- Veerpal student of BCA placed in IBM
- Manpreet student of BCA placed in Concentrix
- Joban student of BCA placed in CS Infotech
- Keerat student of B.sc (Computer Science) placed in Wipro Wase
- Mansi student of BCA placed in Wipro Wase
- Smiley B.sc (Computer Science) placed in Wipro Wase
- sc (Computer Science) placed in Wipro Wase
- sc (Computer Science) placed in Wipro Wase
- Priyanka B.sc (Computer Science) placed in Wipro Wase
- sc (Computer Science) placed in Infosys
- Gagandep Kaur student of BCA placed in IBM
- Charanjeev student of BCA placed in IBM
- Harmanpreet student of BCA placed in IBM
- Madhuri student of BCA placed in Concentrix
- Pawandeep student of M.sc IT placed in Eiti Appin Technology
- Mandeep student of M.sc IT student of M.sc IT placed in CS Infotech
- Kanika Kataria placed in Wipro Wase
- Nisha Garg placed in Wipro Wase
- Jashanpreet Kaur placed in Infosys
- Deepika Goyal placed in Infosys
- Sakshi placed in Infosys
- Sanjeev Kakkar completed FDP-Nptel Course from IIT Khararpur in Software Engineering
- Sakshi Kalra, Mrs. Chanda Monga, Mr. Rajesh Sachdeva, Mrs. Anjali Dhawan, Mrs. Minakshi Sharma and Ms. Vanita Completed Swayam Online Course in Information Technology
- Every year faculty members of the Department join online NPTEL courses.
- In session 2018-19 Five of our Department students qualified the Swayam exam.