देव समाज कालेज फार वूमैन फिरोजपुर शहर, प्रिंसीपल मैडम डा. मधु पराशर जी के कुशल नेतृत्व में...READ MORE
The Eco Club keeps on organizing seminars for making every student, teacher and employee of the institution conscious of the environment and to preserve, protect and save the Earth for the Next Generation. To stress on the vital need for conservation, the Eco Club organizes events which includes nature photography exhibition, bird watching nature trek, screening of documentary films on wildlife conservation and environment etc. Students are urged to turn off lights and fans in classrooms when classes are over. Equipment like LCD Projectors, Computers are turned off when not in use and between the sessions during any event.
A workshop on ‘How to prepare compost’ is also organized as a yearly feature to make the students feel the need of being eco-friendly.
The core objective of the Eco Club is to make students feel, think and be aware of the environmental issues. The Eco-Club hosts a variety of film shows, lectures and competitions for the Protection of Environment, Sustenance, Conservation and Promotion of Healthy Lifestyle. It holds field trips on different sensitive issues pertaining to the environment. It also remains active by diverse creative activities including card making, pot painting, recycling newspaper, producing the best out of waste and many more beyond that.
Efforts for Carbon Neutrality
- Use of plastic water bottles is restricted in workshops/seminars by allowing only one bottle per person which may be refilled. Constant efforts are ‘ON’to render the campus Plastic free.
- Saplings are presented to guests by way of welcoming them.
- E-banners are displayed for events.
- Carpooling is encouraged among the staff.
- Moving towards paperless functioning.
- Invitations/Brochures for events are sent by email.
A sustained activity of the NSS unit of the college is Tree Plantation, within and outside the campus.
Hazardous Waste Management
- A practice adopted by the Science Department is that of using coloured bins for disposal of different categories of waste.
- Installation of used Sanitary Napkins incinerator in the DSCW campus.
- Waste paper is reused and whenever possible, both sides of a paper are used.
1. Dr. (Mrs.) Madhu Prashar
2. Dr. (Mrs.) Anju Gupta – Incharge
3. Mrs. Sunita Khanna
4. Ms. Poonam Mehta
5. Dr. Kuldeep Kaushik
6. Dr. Manish
7. Dr. Mokshi
8. Dr. Harleen Kaur