Post Graduate Department of Commerce
- Department of Commerce
- Courses offered
- Faculty Profile
- Vision, Aim and Mission
- National seminars/ conference organized
- Dignitaries visited department
- Research Projects
- Strengths of the Department
- Outstanding Alumnae
- Campus Placements
- Other Achievements
The Department of Commerce was established in the year 1995 as a teaching Department of DSCW. It has imbibed the DSCW traditions of exploring new frontiers of knowledge and innovations in academics. In its history spanning over twenty years, it has redefined commerce education in Ferozepur. The Department has the legitimate claims and takes pride in being the premier Department of DSCW for course curriculum development, teaching and researches in Commerce discipline. The rapid growth of the Department of Commerce is reflected in its expansion as well as novelty in its academic programmes. This has led to the commencement of B.Com Honours, Job Oriented Certificate, Add-On course in Insurance Business. Master of Commerce(M.Com) was also introduced from the session 2013-14 at DSCW. The Department has established itself as a Centre of Excellence with it focus on quality education, research and extension services. The faculty of the Department has a track record of academic excellence, possessing the highest level of competence in terms of qualifications, training and exposure. The academic excellence of the teachers is manifested through their publications, presentations of papers in the International, National Seminars, Conferences and Workshops and various Faculty Development Program etc. The Faculty of the Department of Commerce uses diverse training methodologies to educate, train and to elucidate concepts to the students. Debates, Case Studies, Research Projects, Group Discussions, Education Excursions, Industrial Visits, Summer Training etc. are the regular features of the Department. The Department has been successful in producing JRFs/NET continuously.
- B.Com (Hons)
|Sr. No.||Name||Qualification||Designation||Subject (Expertise)||Teaching Experience|
|1.||Mrs. LeenaKakkar||M.Com,N.E.T., M.A. (Eco.), Ph.D Pursuing||Assistant Professor||Business Administration||21 years|
|2.||Mrs. AartiGarg||M.Com, N.E.T.,B.Ed, M.A (Eng.), Ph.D Pursuing||Assistant Professor||Banking/
|3.||Dr. AnjuBala||Ph.D, M.Com, MBA
MPhil, N.E.T., M.A. (Eco)
|4.||Ms. Ruble||MBA, P.G. Diploma in Career guidance & counseling||Assistant Professor||Management||7years|
|5.||Mr. Nikhil Jay
M.Com , NET
|Assistant Professor||Marketing/ HR||5 years
|6.||Dr. Rooppal||M.B.A. Ph.D.||Assistant Professor||HRM/
|7.||Ms. Sheemal||M.Com, N.E.T||Assistant Professor||Management||5 months|
|8.||Mrs. Etti||MCA||Assistant Professor||Database||8 years|
|9.||Ms. Roopkamal||M.Com, B.Ed.||Assistant Professor||Accounting/Finance
- To be an innovative center of education, to inculcate values, identify hidden talents, through all-round development and to shape them into future leaders, entrepreneurs and above all good human beings.
- To train the students for professionalism, specialization, creativity and innovation in economic and business activities.
- To provide a nurturing and motivating environment to exploit the full potential of the student.
- To provide learning through doing.
- To groom the youth to become truly global personality who are well-equipped to deal with the modern world and its challenges
- To inculcate the interactive and learner-centric methods for the betterment of the students.
- To promote research culture among the students.
- To provide career-oriented education to the students and to avail better job opportunities.
- To enable every student to cope with the latest developments at the national and global level.
|Research Papers (SCI/Scopus indexed and UGC approved journals)||85|
|Papers Presented in National/International Conferences||47|
|Books published with ISBN||08|
|Chapter Published in Books||13|
|Participation in Orientation/Refresher courses||04|
|Workshop/orientation/Faculty Development Program attended||15|
|National/International Conferences Attended||26|
|National Seminars/Conferences/Workshops/Guest lectures Organized:|
|Institute Funded/Self-Financed National Seminars/Workshops/Guest Lectures||10|
|UGC Sponsored National Seminars||2|
- Prabinjha, Director Marketing MMDU, Ambala
- Shefali V. Thakral, Professor, School of Management, Maharaja Agrasen University, Baddi, Solan
- Ajay Goyal , Director-Principal, Rayat Institute of Engineering and Information Technology, Ropar
- Kawal Nain Singh, Head of Department (Management), RayatBahara Institute, Ropar
- Chief Judicial Magistrate Mr. Baljinder Singh , Ferozepur
- Baljeet Singh Dhaliwal, President of Bar Association, Ferozepur
- Arshdeep Singh Randhawa, Secretary, Bar Association, Ferozepur
- Kawal Nain Singh, Head of Department (Management), RayatBahara Institute, Ropar
- Ishani Patharia Chopra, Assistant professor at B.P.S. MahilaVidyalaya, Khanpur Kalan, Sonipat
- Pushpinder Singh (M.B.B.S, D.A.)
- Ajit Singh (Retired X.E.N. P.S.E.B) Ludhiana
- Gazalpreet Singh (Principal Diploma Wing S.B.S.S.T.C.) Ferozepur
- Parminder Singh (Divisional In-charge-Living Successfully Foundation) Ferozepur.
- Pushpinder Gill, Prof. and Head, School of Management Studies, Punjabi university
- Kulbushan Chandel, Reader, HP University, Shimla
- Ashwani Bhalla, Professor, Govt College, Ludhiana
- BB Singla, Assistant Prof, Punjabi University, Patiala
- Raj Kumar, Head department of commerce, R.K.M.V, Shimla
- Harbilas Hira, Associate Professor, SCD Govt. College, Shimla
- Puran Singh, SCD Govt. College Ludhiana
- Vijay Asdhir Principal, Khalsa College Institute of Management, Ludhiana
- Rajiv Maheshwari Khalsa College Institute of Management, Ludhiana
- Anil Rana, Senior Agency Development Manager North Region, Chandigarh
- Gaganpreet, Counseling Officer, ICFAI, Ludhiana
- Kavalpreet, Axis Bank, Ludhiana
- Vivek Jaggi, Technical Analyst, MET Life Insurance Ltd, Chandigarh
- Anju Bala (Assistant Professor) applied for ICSSR Sponsored Major Project with the title “Adolescents Food Choices and Health:ASocio-Psychological Prospective” worth Rs.15 Lakhs approx.
- Anju Bala (Assistant Professor) applied for ICSSR Sponsored Minor Project with the title “Impact of Social Media on Society-A study on Youth of Punjab” worth Rs. 5 Lakhs approx.
- Anju Bala (Assistant Professor) applied for ICSSR Sponsored Seminar with the title “Transformation of Business through Digitalization: Recent Trends and future of Digitalization with respect to Indian Business”worth Rs.4.5 Lakhs approx.
- Rooppal Kaur (Assistant Professor) applied for ICSSR Sponsored Minor Project with the title “Celebrity Endorsements and their Influencing Factors” worth Rs. 5 Lakhs approx.
- Dedicated, Motivating and Competent Faculty
- Campus Placements
- Scope for Peer Interaction and Learning
- Students Participation at National, Regional and Local Level Events
- More than 350 students getting education in the Department.
- Library equipped with more than 1000 books, more than 6,000 E-books and subscribes to a good number of journals and magazines as well as number of English and Hindi daily newspapers.
- The department is well-equipped with computer lab, Seminar Hall, printer,Smart-Board, two LCD projectors etc.
- The department provides study materials, notes, learning and reference books for the use of the students.
- Teaching learning techniques with latest methodologies like power-point presentation, Assignments, Case Studies, Project Work, Seminars, Quiz, Group Discussions, etc.
- University positions in Graduation and Post-Graduation classes.
- Guest Lectures and Workshops by Eminent Scholars/ Industry Partners.
|Davinder Kaur||Accountant, RayatBhara University, Mohali|
|Mandeep Kaur||Manager, K Bros Company, British Columbia, Canada|
|Gurleen Kaur Nagpal||Manager, Msquare Media, Gujarat, Ahmedabad|
|Simran Dhillon||Customer service Representative, Fort St. John city, Canada|
|Ramandeep Kaur||Relationship Manager ,Karvy stock broking Ltd, Amritsar, Punjab,|
|Meenakshi Attri||Assistant Professor, Punjab University Constituent College, Nihal Singh Wala, Punjab.|
|Kirti Dhawan||Assistant Manager, Trident Ltd, Barnala(Punjab)|
|Jaskeen||Audit Inspector, Cooperative Society (PPSC), Punjab|
|Ritika Sharma||Assistant Manager, Punjab Gramin Bank, Chandigarh.|
|Neha Madhok||Specialist in Quality Auditing, Inter-Continental Hotel Group, New Delhi|
|Roopkamal Chawla||Assistant Professor, Dev Samaj College for Women, Ferozepur city, Punjab.|
|Poonam Preet||Assistant Professor, RSD College, Ferozepur City.|
|Jaspreet Kaur||Teacher, Baba Farid School, Faridkot, Punjab.|
|IshaDhawan||Assistant Professor, Dev Samaj College for Women, Ferozepur, City.|
|Anjali Dhawan||Assistant Professor, Dev Samaj College for Women Ferozepur.|
|ChandaMonga||Assistant Professor Dev Samaj College for Women Ferozepur city.|
|Sargam Sharma||Assistant Professor, Khalsa College, Chandigarh.|
|Shaina Manchanda||Assistant Manager, YES Bank, Ferozepur city.|
|AshimaBanga||P.O,State Bank of India, Bathinda.|
|Alisha Bindra||Assistant Manager, ICICI Bank , Bikhiwind|
|Smiley||Entrepreneur, Model Town, Ferozepur city.|
|Jashan||Manager at Shape Up Salon ,Model Town Ludhiana|
|Prabhjot||Manager at Shape Up Salon ,Model Town Ludhiana|
|Sofia||Staff manager, Robe India Textile Company, Panchkula|
|Sumiksha||Supervisor, Robe India Textile Company, Panchkula|
|Mehak||Teacher, Dasmesh Public School, Faridkot|
|Mona||Assistant Manager, Muthoot Finance , Moga|
|Megha||Audit Inspector, Punjab Govt.|
|Ramandeep Kaur||Sub Inspector, Punjab Police, Fazilka|
|Heena||Assistant Professor, Dev Raj College, Ferozepur City|
|Akshika Chanana||Teacher, Army Public School, Ferozepur Cantt|
|Sheemal Baghi||Assistant Professor in DSCW,Ferozepur|
|Shelza Malhotra||Teacher, DCM, Ferozepur|
|Arushi Kumar||Accountant, DC Model School, Ferozepur|
|Kapila Setia||Sales Officer, ICICI Bank, Ferozepur|
|Jasspreet Kaur||Counselor, Touch Stone Education, Ferozepur|
|Avneet Kaur||Assistant Manager, IndusInd bank, Faridkot|
|Arzoo Wattas||Teacher at Mata Gujri Public School|
|Guneet Deol||Senior Customer Representative and Assistant Accountant, Scotia Bank, Toronto, Canada.|
|Mitika Agarwal||Teacher at Vivkananda World School, Ferozepur|
|Gursheetal||Teacher at Gain Jyoti School, Talwandi Bhai|
|Diksha||Counsellor at Graymatters ILETS Centre, Ferozepur|
|Alisha||Junior Associate, SBI Kotkapura|
|Aastha||Clerk at High Court, Ferozepur|
|Aashima||Teacher at Manvata Public Secondary School, Ferozepur|
|Harprabhjot||Teacher at Government School, Ferozepur|
|Rabia||Assistant Manager, ICICI Bank|
|Priyanka Kansal||Trainee at ICICI Bank, PO Program Banglore|
|Shivani Kantor||Client Relationship Partner, YES Bank|
|Harjeet Kaur||Teacher, Auckland Grammar Senior Secondary School, Fatehgarh Panjtoor|
|Prabhjot||B.Com. III||Concentrix Daksh India Services Private Ltd.|
|Salony||B.Com. III||Concentrix Daksh India Services Private Ltd.|
|Kajal||B.Com. III||Concentrix Daksh India Services Private Ltd.|
|Tamanna||B.Com. III||Concentrix Daksh India Services Private Ltd.|
|Deepika||B.Com. III||Concentrix Daksh India Services Private Ltd.|
|Nisha Rani||B.Com. III||Concentrix Daksh India Services Private Ltd.|
|Poonam||B.Com. III||Concentrix Daksh India Services Private Ltd.|
|Srishti Sethi||B.Com. III||Concentrix Daksh India Services Private Ltd.|
|Smily||B.Com. III||Concentrix Daksh India Services Private Ltd.|
|Alisha||B.Com. III||Concentrix Daksh India Services Private Ltd.|
|Priyanka||B.Com. III||Concentrix Daksh India Services Private Ltd.|
|Jasmine||B.Com. III||Concentrix Daksh India Services Private Ltd.|
|Megha||B.Com. III||Concentrix Daksh India Services Private Ltd.|
|Nekha Sandha||B.Com. III||Concentrix Daksh India Services Private Ltd.|
|Aashma||B.Com. III||Concentrix Daksh India Services Private Ltd.|
|Kajal Kataria||B.Com. III||Concentrix Daksh India Services Private Ltd.|
|Raman Deep||B.Com. III||Touchstone Education Centre, Ferozepur|
|Amanpreet||B.Com. III||Touchstone education Centre, Ferozepur|
|Raman deep||B.Com. III||Relationship Manager, Karvy Stock Brokers, Amritsar|
|Guneet Deol||B.Com. III||Scotia Bank, Canada|
|Rakshita Goel||B.Com. III||Axis Bank, Moga|
|Sheemal Baghi||B.Com. III||Concentrix Daksh India Services Private Ltd.|
|Amanjot||B.Com. III||GSSS Girls, Jalalabad|
|Sharanjeet Kaur||B.Com. III||GSSS Girls, Sarava Bondla, Muktsar|
|Harprabhjot Kaur||B.Com. III||GSSS Girls, Sarava Bondla,Muktsar|
|Mitika||B.Com III||IBM Daksh Services Private Ltd.|
|Navdeep||B.Com III||IBM Daksh Services Private Ltd.|
|Shaina Manchanda||B.Com III||YES Bank, Ferozepur|
|Jaspreet Kaur||B.Com. III||Touchstone Education Centre, Ferozepur|
|Balwinder Kaur||M.com-II||ICICI BANK, Ferozepur|
|Poonampreet||B.Com III||IBM Daksh Services Private Ltd.|
|Davinder Kaur||B.Com III||Rayat Bahra University, Mohali|
|Ayushi Kamra||B.Com. III||Concentrix Daksh India Services Private Ltd.|
|Jaskeen Kaur||M.Com. II||Audit Inspector, Cooperative Society (PPSC), Punjab|
|Megha||M.Com. II||Audit Inspector, Cooperative Society (PPSC), Punjab|
|Mehak||B.Com. III||Dasmesh Public School, Faridkot|
|Shailja Malhotra||B.Com. III||DCM International School, Frozepur|
|Sakshi||B.Com. III||Concentrix Daksh India Services Private Ltd.|
|Rupinder Kaur||M.Com. II||Teacher, Dass and Brown World School, Ferozepur|
|Priyanshu||B.Com. III||Concentrix Daksh India Services Private Ltd.|
|Shivani||B.Com. III||Concentrix Daksh India Services Private Ltd.|
|Sumiksha Khurana||B.Com. III||Supervisor, Robe India Textile Company, Panchkula|
|Kezia||B.Com. III||Teacher, Aryan Public School, Giddarbaha|
|Tanu Bindra||B.Com III||IBM Daksh Services Private Ltd.|
|Chinki||B.Com III||IBM Daksh Services Private Ltd.|
|Saloni||M.Com. II||Concentrix Daksh India Services Private Ltd.|
|Diksha||B.Com III||IBM Daksh Services Private Ltd.|
|Kiran||B.Com III||IBM Daksh Services Private Ltd.|
|Aarushi||B.Com III||IBM Daksh Services Private Ltd.|
|Alisha Arora||B.Com III||Clerk, SBI, Bathinda|
|Roop Kamal Chawla||B.Com III||Assistant Professor, Dev Samaj College for Women, Ferozepur|
|Isha Dhawan||B.Com III||Assistant Professor, Dev Samaj College for Women, Ferozepur|
|Chanda Monga||B.Com III||Assistant Professor, Dev Samaj College for Women, Ferozepur|
|Anjali Dhawan||B.Com III||Assistant Professor, Dev Samaj College for Women, Ferozepur|
|Sargam Sharma||Assistant Professor, College, Chandigarh|
|Smiley||B.Com III||Entrepreneur, Model Town, Ferozepur city.|
|Ashima Banga||B.Com III||PO, SBI, Bathinda|
|Avneet Kaur||B.com III||Assistant Manager, Indusind Bank , Faridkot|
- Anju Bala is working as a reviewer of “CU-Global Management Review” Research Journal published by University School of Business at Chandigarh University (Mohali) approved by UGC-Delhi.
- Leena Kakkar was appointed as an external theory examination paper setter of various Universities, external examiner of M.Com/B.Com viva-voce of Punjab University,Chandigarh and superintendent in variousexaminations of Punjab University , Chandigarh.
- Kanika Bajaj cleared Paper of Excise Taxation Officer.
- More than 10 students cleared NET exams.
- Etti Sharma one of the faculty members of the department joined SWAYAM courses under the MHRD and cleared the exams.
- Raghav one of the faculty member is an active member of Unacademy on line courses.
- Industrial Exposure to the students.
- In-house Journal of the Department
- Introduction of new courses (B.Voc in Hospitality and Tourism Management)
- Summer training projects undertaken by the students.