PG Department of English
- P.G. Department of English
- Courses Offered
- Faculty Profile
- Vision, Aim and Mission
- Publication Work
- National Seminars/conferences Organized
- Research Projects
- Strengths of the Department
- Outstanding Alumnae
- Other Achievements
The Department of English has been a part of Dev Samaj College for Women since its inception in 1934. The department has a rich and proud history of starting M.A English in 1969, B.A (Honours) in 1974. Presently, the department is gifted with well-qualified, highly experienced, diligent, ingenious and highly effective teachers with expertise in the field of language and literature. The department of English fosters reading intelligently, writing clearly and communicating effectively through workshops, discussions, assignments, paper presentations, seminars and showcasing the movies. English literature expands students’ awareness of the complexities of human life. Over the years, our students have garnered university positions at the postgraduate level. The department of English by effectively complementing many other disciplines- Bachelor of Commerce, Bachelor of Computer Applications and Bachelor of Science has become a growing and dynamic department.
- Two Year Post Graduate Course
- Three Year Degree Course
- Elective English from B.A. I Onwards
- Honours In English From B.A. I Onwards
- One Year Course In B.Sc., B.Com., BCA
|1.||MS. MANISHA SETHI||BA (HONS.), M.A., M.PHIL, B.ED.||ASSOCIATE
|2.||DR. BHUMIDA SHARMA||BA (HONS.), M.A.,
UGC – NET, PH.D
|3.||MS. SAPNA||BA (HONS.), M.A.,
UGC – NET
|4.||MS. RUPINDER||B.A., M.A., UGC- NET||ASSISTANT
|5.||MR. DEEPAK PRASAD VERMA||B.A, M.A, B.ED, PGCTE, PGDTE, UGC- NET, PURSUING PH.D||ASSISTANT
|6.||MR. MASTAAN SINGH||B.A., M.A., UGC- NET||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|7.||MRS. NISHA KUMRA||BA , M.A., M.PHIL, B.ED||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|8.||MS. ANJU RAJPUT||B.A, M.A, M.ED||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|9.||MS. ANUPRIYA||BA, M.A., M.ED||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
|11.||MR. PUNEET||B.A, M.A, B.ED||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR|
We envision fostering knowledge and love of English literature and of language in our students. Our vision is to provide appropriate pedagogies and environment (classrooms, equipment, resources, and technology) and to help our students see themselves as part of a discipline with communicative skills and creative abilities valuable in teaching, research or post-graduate work. We seek to teach our students a variety of literary, analytical, pedagogical, and theoretical skills. We encourage the students to think deeply and to reflect on what they have learned. At DSCW, we are committed to encouraging a love of learning and an appreciation for a liberal education and to inculcate moral values and aesthetic sense.
The Department of English at Dev Samaj College for Women helps the students hone their creative talent, chisel their communicative skills, build knowledge of the content and methods of literary studies and enhance their literary awareness. Our faculty is committed to an interdisciplinary approach to knowledge. Our graduates are well prepared for professional and graduate study and for lifelong learning. Our Post Graduate students pursue careers in education, research, business, law, government and creative-writing. The regular activities of the Department, its In-House Journal, Reading and Writing Intensive Curriculum demonstrate our commitment to the English Language and Literature. The Department OF English strengthens the liberal education of the students by developing a deepened understanding of language and literacy, the value of critical reading and effective writing, and the richness of literature, our past and present.
The aim of DSCW Post Graduate Department of English is to produce critical thinkers on issues of language and literature. The students are to be endowed with the ability to understand various theoretical approaches and to apply theory in textual analysis. Students seeking an undergraduate degree in English with the goal of teaching in the secondary schools will practice reflective thinking as they practice teaching in the field. Our aim at DSCW is to transform our students by providing them moral education and to equip them with manners, and soft skills.
|Research Papers Published (Peer-Reviewed And UGC Approved Journals)||46
|Papers Presented In National/International Conferences And Seminars||31|
|National/International Conferences And Seminars Attended||42|
|Books N Booklets Published With ISBN||12|
|National Seminars/ Conferences Organized:||3|
|Institute Funded/ Self Financed National Seminars||10|
- On ‘Indian Writing In English: Issues And Expressions’
- National Seminar On ‘Shifting Paradigm Towards Women: From Patriarchy To Honour Killing’
- National Seminar On ‘Literary Theory And Criticism: A Journey From Traditional To Post Structural Era’
- Proposal Submitted For ICSSR Minor Project On The Topic ‘An Analysis Of The Ecological Issues In The Context Of Indian Hindu Philosophy And The Mother Nature’.
- Proposal Submitted For Icssr Sponsered Seminar On The Topic ‘Literature, Media And Culture: An Advanced Perspective’
- Qualified, Experienced And Dedicated Teaching Faculty With Good Retention Ratio.
- Language Lab With State-Of-The-Art Equipment And Modern Software Tools.
- Strong Bond Of Interaction Between Student And Teacher
- Community Development And Extension Activities
- Regular Tests, Evaluation And Remedial Classes
- Effective Use Of ICT In Teaching Learning Process.
- Strong Emphasis On Moral Values
- Active English Literary Society
- Innovative Vocational Courses.
- In-House Journal
|Vibhuti||Law Officer Food And Civil Supply And Consumer Affairs, Punjab Govt, Chandigarh|
|Mandeep Kaur Bhullar||Running An Ielts Institute In Mohali,|
|Maninder Kaur||Head, Department Of English, R,S,D College, Ferozepur City|
|Vibha Sharma||Content Writer First Show Tech Zenit, Hyderabad|
|Sakshi Suri||Asst . Prof. Govt. Polytechnic College For Girls Patiala|
|Vanshika||Asst. Prof. Ferozepur Group Of Colleges Ferozeshah|
|Vishy Monga||English Teacher Global Indian International School Singapore|
|Swati Suri||Asst. Prof Sri Gobind Singh College Sec 26 Chd|
|Pawanpreet Kaur||Asst.Prof Baba Farid Group of Institutions Bhatinda|
|Shalini Sachdeva||Asst.Prof R.S.D College Fzr.|
|Parveev Kaur||Asst. Prof Dav College Ferozepurcantt|
- Seven Members Of The Faculty Got Enrolled For The MoOC Courses
- Bhumida Sharma, Member Of Editorial Board: (1) The Summit, A Peer Reviewed Journal Of Humanities And Social Sciences ISSN:2394-5753, Vol. 3, 2016. (2) Apex, Journal Of Humanities And Social Sciences ISSN 2319-1430
- Mrs. Sapna Awarded For Her Contribution In The Swachha Bharat Campaign